How To Post To Facebook Groups
Their documentation states that there are two ways you can grant the new permission required to publish to Groups you manage:
- Re-connect your Facebook Group in SmarterQueue, at which point Facebook will ask you to grant us their new permission to publish to your Groups.
- Manually install the SmarterQueue app for each Group that you manage (see below)
Currently, there is an acknowledged bug in Facebook’s API, such that even if you grant this new permission via option 1 above, posts to your Group will still fail.
We hope that Facebook will fix this bug in the near future, but in the meantime there is a manual workaround with option 2, which requires you to install the SmarterQueue app directly in each Group that you wish to publish to.
How To Manually Install The SmarterQueue App For Each Facebook Group You Manage
1. Visit the Profiles page in SmarterQueue from the top menu on your dashboard
2. Click on the down arrow for each Facebook Group, and click “Re-connect Profile”
3. Select the group you'd like to refresh once more and click 'Re-Connect'
Note: The first time you do this, you may see a new permission request from Facebook, to allow SmarterQueue to publish to your Groups. Please be sure to grant this permission.
4. After clicking 'Re-Connect' you'll see a confirmation notification
5. In a new tab or window in your browser, go to Facebook.com and navigate to your Facebook Group
6. Click '...More' and select 'Edit Group Settings'
7. Scroll down and under 'Apps' click 'Add Apps'
8. Search for then select 'SmarterQueue'
9. Click to add the SmarterQueue app.
10. Repeat steps 5-9 for each of your Facebook Groups.
11. Return to the Profiles page in SmarterQueue and click the 'Done!' button in the popup. This will reload the Profiles page, and check if the app is installed on each Group.
12. You may need to repeat the above steps for each Group you have connected. Once all Groups are confirmed to have the app installed, you will be able to publish Posts successfully.
If you do not see your Group in the list of Groups that are available to add, it is because your personal profile is not an admin of the Group, or you have not granted the correct permissions.
You may wish to refresh your Facebook connection completely, which may help solve any permissions issues.