How To Post To Facebook Groups
💡Need some inspiration, don't miss our helpful blog post on 10 Ways to Run a Successful Facebook Group!
In This Article
- What Are The Requirements To Publish To Facebook Groups?
- How To Grant Permission To SmarterQueue To Publish To Your Facebook Groups
- How To Create A Post And Publish To A Facebook Group
What Are The Requirements To Publish To Facebook Groups?
- You can only post to Groups that you are an admin of. You cannot post to groups that you are just a member or Moderator of.
- Your personal Facebook profile must be an admin of the Group. You cannot post to groups if only your Business Page is an admin of the Group.
- Your posts will be published using your personal profile. Facebook does not allow third-party apps to publish to your Group as your Business Page.
How To Grant Permission To SmarterQueue To Publish To Your Facebook Groups
To add a Facebook Group to SmarterQueue, you will need to log into Facebook as an admin of the Group, then simply click on 'Add a Group' under 'Facebook' inside of the Profiles page of your SmarterQueue account.
You will then need to click “OK” to continue as the user you’ve logged in as and give SmarterQueue the necessary permissions to add and allow you to manage your pages and groups.
While there is an option to “Choose what you allow”, please ensure that you don’t remove any permissions. Removing permissions could mean that you will see a message stating "No groups found" later on in the steps of adding the Group.
It is very important that the "Post content into groups on your behalf" permission is granted in order to move forward.
If you've removed permissions when going through the steps to add your Facebook Group and/or you're simply not seeing the Group, try reconnecting the Group.
If this doesn't work, or if you've selectively granted permissions to some Pages/Groups, but not the one that's missing, please go through the troubleshooting steps here.
How To Create A Post And Publish To A Facebook Group
1. Navigate to the Post Editor by selecting ‘Add Content’ > ‘Add a Post’
2. Choose a Category for your Post.
3. Select the Facebook Group(s) you want to publish your Post to by clicking on the Profiles' icons.
All Social Profiles will be initially greyed out like in the picture above until you make your selection.
In the example below, we've already selected the Facebook Group.
4. Add text and media to your Post.
If you choose to recycle your post, you can set a number of times to cycle the Post, or an expiry date.
6. Publish your Post now or schedule it by selecting a date/time or sending it to the Queue:
Pro Tip: Post during peak activity and engagement times for optimal results
There is a good article on when to post on social media on the best times to post based on social media trends. Some of the best days and times for Facebook from the article are listed below.
Wednesday at 11 a.m. and 1 – 2 p.m.
Weekdays from 9 a.m.–3 p.m.
Avoid before 7 a.m. and after 5 p.m.
For the best days and times based on your specific posts and audience, you can use a test-and-learn approach powered by SmarterQueue posting plans and post analytics.
Check out more information on How To Add A Post.