How To Post To Facebook Groups
💡 Need some inspiration, don't miss our helpful blog post on 10 Ways to Run a Successful Facebook Group!
In This Article
- What Are The Requirements To Publish To Facebook Groups?
- How To Grant Permission To SmarterQueue To Publish To Your Facebook Groups
- How To Add SmarterQueue App To Your Group
- How To Create A Post And Publish To A Facebook Group
What Are The Requirements To Publish To Facebook Groups?
- You can only post to Groups that you are an admin of. You cannot post to groups that you are just a member or Moderator of.
- Your personal Facebook profile must be an admin of the Group. You cannot post to groups if only your Business Page is an admin of the Group.
- Your posts will be published using your personal profile. Facebook does not allow third-party apps to publish to your Group as your Business Page.
- Add SmarterQueue app to each Facebook Group. You must add the SmarterQueue app to each Group that you want to publish to.
How To Grant Permission To SmarterQueue To Publish To Your Facebook Groups
To add a Facebook Group to SmarterQueue, you will need to log into Facebook as an admin of the Group, then simply click on 'Add a Group' under 'Facebook' inside of the Profiles page of your SmarterQueue account.
You will then need to click “OK” to continue as the user you’ve logged in as and give SmarterQueue the necessary permissions to add and allow you to manage your pages and groups.
While there is an option to “Choose what you allow”, please ensure that you don’t remove any permissions. Removing permissions could mean that you will see a message stating "No groups found" later on in the steps of adding the Group.
It is very important that the "Post content into groups on your behalf" permission is granted in order to move forward.
If you've removed permissions when going through the steps to add your Facebook Group and/or you're simply not seeing the Group, try reconnecting the Group.
If this doesn't work, or if you've selectively granted permissions to some Pages/Groups, but not the one that's missing, please go through the troubleshooting steps here.
How To Add The SmarterQueue App To Your Group
In order to publish content to your newly added Facebook Group via SmarterQueue, you would need to add the SmarterQueue app to it.
When adding the Group to SmarterQueue, you might have seen the following pop-up to inform you of the steps required to move forward with posting:
To Add the SmarterQueue app to your group follow these steps:
- Head over to your News Feed and click on Groups from the left-hand pane.
- Then select the Group to which you want to add the SmarterQueue app
- Click Settings from the menu on the left.
Scroll to the bottom and click on the 'pencil icon' next to Apps
- Inside the dialogue box, click Add Apps.
Type SmarterQueue in the search bar and select the SmarterQueue App.
- Click on Add in the pop-up.
How To Create A Post And Publish To A Facebook Group
1. Navigate to the Post Editor by selecting Create a Post
2. Choose a Category for your Post.
3. Select the Facebook Group(s) you want to publish your Post to by clicking on the Profiles' icons.
All Social Profiles will be initially greyed out like in the picture above until you make your selection.
In the example below, we've already selected the Facebook Group.
4. Add text and media to your Post.
5. Scroll down to Post Timing and select how you want to publish your post:
- Post Now: publish your post right away
- Add to Queue: send the post to the top or bottom of the Queue and have it published based on the Posting Plan you've built.
- Schedule: set specific dates and times for your post to be published.
- Recurring: set a start date and time, as well as a precise repeating cadence for your post.
If you choose to recycle your post, you can set a number of times to cycle the post and/or expiry date.
Note: Evergreen Recycling options are not available for recurring posts, as they already repeat based on their settings.
Pro Tip: Post during peak activity and engagement times for optimal results
There is a good article on when to post on social media on the best times to post based on social media trends. Some of the best days and times for Facebook from the article are listed below.
Wednesday at 11 a.m. and 1 – 2 p.m.
Weekdays from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Avoid before 7 a.m. and after 5 p.m.
For the best days and times based on your specific posts and audience, you can use a test-and-learn approach powered by SmarterQueue posting plans and post analytics.
Check out more information on How To Add A Post.