How Do I Change Facebook User When Posting To A Group?
If you have connected more than one Facebook user to your SmarterQueue account, you can choose which Facebook user will be used when publishing to a connected Facebook Group 😊
In This Article
- How To Connect A Facebook User To SmarterQueue
- How To Change Facebook User When Posting To A Group
- What Do The Different Colors & Icons Mean When Re-Connecting A Group?
- Can I Post To A Facebook Group As A Page?
How To Connect A Facebook User To SmarterQueue
When you connect a Facebook Group or Page to SmarterQueue, you'll be prompted to authorize the connection through a personal Facebook profile.
Note: Rest assured, SmarterQueue does not have permission in any way to post to your personal Facebook profile.
In order to connect another user's Facebook profile to SmarterQueue, you'll just need to add a Page or Group to SmarterQueue while logged into the correct Facebook account in your browser.
For more information, please check out our dedicated article and video walkthrough on How To Connect A Facebook Page/Group
How To Change Facebook User When Posting To A Group
- Make sure that you are currently logged into Facebook as the user you want to post as and make sure they are an admin of the Group
- Navigate to the Profiles page in SmarterQueue
- Find the Group that you want to switch the posting user for
- Click the down arrow on the icon for that Group and select Re-connect Profile
- The next screen will show a list of available Facebook Groups to connect and will specify who you're 'Posting as'
- Click on the correct Facebook Group to turn it green, making sure you select the correct Facebook user in the 'Posting as:' tag underneath the Group name
- Then click 'Re-Connect'
💡If you have multiple Facebook users with valid connections in your SmarterQueue account, and they are all admins of the Group in question, you will be able to choose which of the users will publish to the group. You should see the Group appear multiple times when re-connecting the group, with a different “Posting As” subtitle for each version. Choose the correct user, and all subsequent posts will be published to the group as that user.
Even if you have connected multiple Facebook users to the same SmarterQueue account, you can only publish posts to a Facebook Group as one user at a time. Posts will be published as whichever user was last chosen in the steps above.
What Do The Different Colors & Icons Mean When Re-Connecting A Group?
When re-connecting your Facebook Group, you'll notice the cards for each Profile have different symbols and colors. Here is a guide to what each of those means:
Connect a new Group, posting as the specified Facebook user:
Re-connect an existing Group with the same Facebook user as before:
Re-connect an existing Group, but with a different Facebook user:
You cannot connect this Group, as it is already connected to another SmarterQueue account:
When you click a Group to add, it goes green. Click again to de-select it:
Can I Post To A Facebook Group As A Page?
Facebook doesn’t allow third-party tools, including SmarterQueue, to post to Facebook Groups as a Facebook Page at this time.
This is a restriction on Facebook's end 💪