What Will My Video Thumbnail Look Like After Publishing?
Twitter has made changes that severely limit access to their API. While we continue to provide Twitter publishing capabilities, please note that access levels may vary for different users. We encourage you to refer to our Help Center articles for general guidance and to reach out to our support team for any questions about your specific access and limitations.
When Will My Video Thumbnail Appear?
- Your audience will see the thumbnail on the Twitter Card if the video is too long to post as a native Twitter Video (over 140 seconds)
- The thumbnail is also shown when posting on LinkedIn
How Will My Video Thumbnail Look?
When a video is shared natively to Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn they show the first frame as a preview thumbnail.
Will My Video Auto-Play?
- Your video will play automatically on Facebook, if the resolution is between 1:4 and 4:1, and less than 40 minutes long
- Videos also auto-play on Twitter when the video is less than 140 seconds long
- Videos will auto-play on LinkedIn so long as the viewer has not disabled the feature in their LinkedIn settings