How To Post Or Share A Video
- Share A Video File From Your Computer
- Share A Video From My Media In The Post Editor
- Share A Video From My Media Via Find Content
- What Happens After My Video Uploads?
- Common Questions (Instagram Video Posting)
Share A Video File From Your Computer
You can also discover what video formats SmarterQueue supports.
Your video will begin to upload.
Then, you can customise your post as usual.
Share A Video From My Media In The Post Editor
In the Post Editor or Bookmarklet, you’ll see a button to Add media and Select 'My Media':
Here, you’ll see all of the videos you’ve previously used.
- Click the video to preview
- When in the video preview, click 'Add to Post'
Share A Video From My Media Via 'Find Content'
From the 'Find Content' page, accessed via 'Add Content' at the top of your SmarterQueue dashboard, select 'My Media'.
Here, you’ll see all of the videos you’ve used before.
- Click the video to preview it
- In the video preview, choose 'Share':
SmarterQueue will create a new post with your chosen video that you may customise as usual.
What Happens After My Video Uploads?
After the video is uploaded, you can finish editing your post, and then save it. We’ll then start processing the video.
Videos need to be processed after they’re uploaded, to make sure they’re in the correct format for social sharing.
When a video has finished uploading into the Post Editor, you’ll see a brief notification that 'The video will start processing after you save the post'.
This has two benefits
- You don’t need to wait around while the video is processed; you can save the post to your Queue without waiting.
- Once the video has finished processing, you will be able to preview it from your Queue.
You’ll see a film-hourglass image thumbnail until you’ve saved the post and your video has been processed.
Here you also have the option to remove the video if needed and give the video a title.
Video Titles appear
- When videos are played full screen in Facebook;
- As the link preview title on LinkedIn; and
- As the title in the Twitter Player card when videos are longer than 140 second
Once your post is saved, we start processing the video on our servers. The processing may take a few seconds or minutes, depending on the size/length of the video.
We check once per minute to see if the video processing is complete. So even if you upload a really short video, it may take up to a minute before the video thumbnail appears in the Queue.
Once the video is processed, the preview will appear when you next refresh your Queue.
You will not be able to 'Post Now' before the video has finished processing. If you try this, you will see this warning 'The video is still being processed. The post has been saved as a draft. Please try again later'.
You will need to wait for the video to finish processing, and can then edit the draft post and choose to 'Post Now'.
You can still edit your post while the video is processing. When you edit an existing video that has completed processing, we show a thumbnail of the first frame of the video, along with the final video resolution and video duration, on the lower part of the thumbnail.
You can click on the video preview in the Queue, or in the Post Editor, to see a full-screen preview of your video.