How To Post Or Share A Video
- How To Share A Video File From Your Computer
- How To Share A Video From My Media In The Post Editor
- How To Share A Video From My Media Via Find Content
- What Happens After My Video Uploads?
- Common Questions
How To Share A Video File From Your Computer
1. To create a post, access the Post Editor by clicking on "Create a Post".
2. Then select a Category and the social profile(s) to which you want to publish.
3. Click the camera icon under 'Media' and select a video file from your computer. Then click 'Select File' to open your computer's file explorer.
Your video will begin to upload after selecting it. You will see a message letting you know that the video is uploading.
Note: The timing of the upload depends on the file size of your video. Larger file sizes may take a bit longer than smaller ones.
4. The video will start processing after you save the post. You can customize your post as usual by adding text, links, and selecting Social Profiles before you save it.
How To Share A Video From My Media In The Post Editor
In the Post Editor, click the camera icon under 'Media' and select 'My Media'
Here is where you’ll see all of the videos you’ve previously used. You can also use the filter to find your videos.
- Click the video to preview
- When in the video preview, click 'Add to Post'
How To Share A Video From My Media Via 'Find Content'
Click 'Add Content' at the top of your SmarterQueue dashboard and select 'My Media'.
This is where you'll be able to view and add videos that you've uploaded previously.
- Click the video to preview it
- In the video preview, choose 'Share':
SmarterQueue will create a new post with your chosen video that you may customize as usual.
What Happens After My Video Uploads?
After the video is uploaded, you can finish editing your post, and then save it. We’ll then start processing the video.
Videos need to be processed after they’re uploaded, to make sure they’re in the correct format for social sharing.
This has two benefits
- You don’t need to wait around while the video is processed; you can save the post to your Queue without waiting.
- Once the video has finished processing, you will be able to preview it from your Queue.
You’ll see a film-hourglass image thumbnail until you’ve saved the post and your video has been processed.
Here you also have the option to remove the video if needed and give the video a title.
Video Titles will only be shown under the following circumstances:
- When videos are played full screen in Facebook;
- As the link preview title on LinkedIn when sharing videos to personal; and
- As the title in the Twitter Player card when videos are longer than 140 second
Once your post is saved, we start processing the video on our servers. The processing may take a few seconds or minutes, depending on the size/length of the video.
We check once per minute to see if the video processing is complete. So even if you upload a really short video, it may take up to a minute before the video thumbnail appears in the Queue.
Once the video is processed, the preview will appear when you next refresh your Queue.
You will not be able to 'Post Now' before the video has finished processing. If you try this, you will see this warning ' The video is still being processed. The post has been saved as a draft. Please try again later'.
You will need to wait for the video to finish processing, and can then edit the draft post and choose to 'Post Now'.
You can still edit your post while the video is processing. When you edit an existing video that has completed processing, we show a thumbnail of the first frame of the video, along with the final video resolution and video duration, on the lower part of the thumbnail.
You can click on the video preview in the Queue, or in the Post Editor, to see a full-screen preview of your video.