📹 How Do I Pause Or Stop My Queue?
In This Article
- Video Walkthrough
- Where Are My Pause Settings?
- How Do I Pause A Specific Profile Or Category?
- How Do All Of These Pause Settings Fit Together?
- How Can I Tell If My Queue Is Paused?
- Can I Pause Individual Posts?
Where Are My Pause Settings?
There are several ways to access your pause settings
1) In your SmarterQueue dashboard, click on the cog (⚙️) -Settings - Pause Preferences
2) From your Queue page, click the red 'Pause Queue' button in the top right-hand corner to be taken to your pause settings.
3) At the top left of your Posting Plan, there is a red 'Pause' link too.
Note: Clicking the red 'Pause Queue' button will not pause your Queue immediately - it will redirect you to your pause settings.
Select the red ' Pause All Publishing' button to pause your entire Queue (all Categories and Profiles).
Note: This includes all content in your Queue, including manually scheduled content. When the specific dates and times for your scheduled/recurring content come around while your publishing is paused, the posts will fail.
How Do I Pause A Specific Profile Or Category?
If you want more detailed control over which Categories or Profiles you want to Pause, use the grid on the 'Pause Settings' page.
- Click 'Pause' beside one of the rows in the table to pause that Category across all of your social profiles. Or, click Pause at the top of a column to pause all Categories for a specific Profile.
- You can also click 'Pause' on a specific Category and Profile, which will only pause posts in that specific Category for that Profile.
- With our Seasonal Categories feature, you can now have Categories automatically pause and un-pause on specific dates each year.
In the Gif above, you can see that the entire Twitter profile has been paused, the 'Featured Articles' in the left-hand column has been completely paused, and lastly, a few specific Profile-Category combinations have been paused as well.
How Do All Of The Pause Settings Fit Together?
You have 3 levels of control for pausing your posts, and they are applied in this order:
- Pause your whole Queue - Inside Settings > Pause Queue, you can choose to pause your entire Queue, which lets you stop EVERYTHING. If the whole Queue is paused, no posts will be published.
- Seasonal Categories - You can define when a Category should be paused, and when it should be active. If a Category is not In Season, no posts will be published.
- Pause an individual Profile/Category - From the grid on the Settings > Pause Queue page. If an individual Profile/Category is Paused, no posts will be published.
Note: You can pause an individual Profile while a Seasonal Category is in Season, but you cannot force an individual Profile to be active while a Seasonal Category is out of Season.
Note: SmarterQueue allows you to schedule posts in multiple ways, including setting specific dates and times for publishing. When you pause a Social Profile, Category, or combination of both, no posts associated with the paused Queue will be published. This includes scheduled content. When the specific dates and times for your scheduled/recurring content come around, the posts will fail.
How Can I Tell If My Queue Is Paused?
If you’ve paused your entire Queue, you’ll see a red message at the top of your Queue, as well as a warning in the right-hand Info pane.
You’ll also see a red 'Paused' notice on each post that is paused. When you see this, that means your post will not be published at its scheduled time.
Can I Pause Individual Posts?
You can mark the post as Draft, which will keep it in the Drafts section, and prevent the post from being published.
This is the best way to pause an individual post.