📹 How To A/B Test Your Content Using Variations
In This Article
- Video Walkthrough
- How To A/B Test Your Images With Variations
- How To A/B Test Your Text Captions With Variations
- How To View And Interpret The Results Of Your A/B Tests
How To A/B Test Your Images With Variations
🎥 Skip to 0:13 for a video walkthrough
You can try out several different versions of a post, each with a different image, and see which image gets the most engagement.
1. (Optional) If you're creating a link post, add the URL (link) into the Post Editor. The link will automatically change to [[link]] and will be displayed how it will appear in your post in the Preview on the right-hand side, as below...
2. Add one Text Variation (as you'll be testing the images only) in the Post Editor
3. In 'Media Options' select the 'Vary media' option (you'll know it's been selected when the box is blue and ticked)
4. Add the images you would like to A/B test
You can see in the example below, we are testing 3 different images with one Text Variation. In the Preview on the right-hand side, 3 Variations have been generated (each one with the same Text, but an alternating image)
5. Preview your Variations to make sure everything looks perfect in the Preview on the right-hand side. Click on the arrows to view each image Variation
6. Make sure 'Recycle After Posting' is selected.
7. Click 'Save'
8. Once several variations have been published, you can view the results of your A/B test
How To A/B Test Your Text Captions With Variations
🎥 Skip to 0:58 for a video walkthrough
Here's our easy 10 step guide for split-testing different post captions.
1. Go to 'Add Content' and 'Add A Post'
2. Pick which Category your A/B Text test falls under
3. (Optional) Add the URL (link) of the page you'll be sending readers into the Post Editor, this will automatically change to [[link]] and display a link preview in the righthand preview. This link will be used throughout your A/B test. Please keep in mind that only one link can be used in Variations.
4. Add your first Text Variation
5. Click the button to add another Text Variation ( 💡Tip! Make BIG changes between Variations to see what engages your readers most)
6. We recommend adding a third Variation to get the most out of your A/B test (you never know what you'll discover)! You can see in our example, we've taken facts from our Blog article and switched up the call to action line at the end of the post...
7. Next, go to 'Recycle After posting' and select this option (it will be highlighted blue and ticked when selected)
8. Preview your Variations to make sure everything looks perfect in the Preview on the right-hand side. Click on the arrows to view each Text Variation
9. Click 'Save'
10. Once several variations have been published, you can view the results of your A/B test
How To View And Interpret The Results Of Your A/B Tests
🎥 Skip to 1:38 for a video walkthrough
To review your A/B test results and measure how each image Variation performed, view your Past Posts, click on the menu icon for the post, and click 'View Stats per Cycle'.
You will then see stats for each Variation/cycle that was published. If the same Variation was published multiple times over different cycles, each cycle will appear separately.
Bear in mind that engagement can be highly variable, and will vary based on many factors (day of week, time of day, other news)