What are RSS Auto-Importers & How Do I Set Them Up?
Importing your content from RSS feeds just got more fun with RSS Auto Importer 😝
By the end of this article, you'll have learnt how to automate your social to a whole new level!
In This Article
- What Does It Mean To RSS Auto-Import?
- How Can I Turn On RSS Auto-Import?
- General Options
- Advanced Options
- Pausing Imports
- Pricing For RSS Auto-Importer
- How Do I Get More Auto RSS Importers?
What Does It Mean To RSS Auto-Import?
This feature will allow you to automatically Queue and publish blog posts from your favourite blogs 🤩
How the magic works...
- Set up your RSS Auto-Imports quickly and easily (steps below)
- Each time a blog post is published to the blog you've selected during set up, a post will be created and Queued automatically
- The post is automatically customised
- And published at the time you've set on your Posting Plan
- You can even add keywords like 'Latest News' if you don't want to Queue and post everything from the blog you've selected
💫For example, if you're a Real Estate Agent and you wanted to add even more value to your followers, you could set a RSS Auto-Importer for an interior design blog which showcases beautiful homes similar to those you are selling. You could set the RSS Auto-Importer to publish content (with a customisable call to action) on a time and day you think would close the deal, or, generate the greatest interest to book a viewing with you. You could even add keywords, for example, 'Town House', which will only automatically Queue blog articles which mention Town House 💪all without lifting a finger!
How Can I Turn On RSS Auto-Import?
- Firstly, through Add Content select Import from RSS:
- Enter in the URL
- Click Save Source
- This will bring up options for you to make sure your source is perfect for your needs.
The General Options available are going to be:
- Add New Posts To (Bottom of Queue, Top Of Queue, Save As Draft, Publish ASAP).
You will see a tab for Advanced Options. This increases the functionality you can get out of your Import.
The options are...
- Add Old Posts To - If you want to Bulk Import all previous posts on the feed.
- Prefix Text - What appears before the link in each post
- Suffix Text - What appears after the link in each post
- Recycle Posts - One Time Post, Or Evergreen
- Would You Like These Posts To Expire
- Image Options - (Remove Images, Use Existing Images, Add Images From Links where missing)
After going through the options you can click save and your Feed is now turned on. It is already pulling those posts and when a new one goes live it will add it to based on your selected Preferences.
If you want to pause your import for any reason you can do this through your Pause Preferences.
Simply select Pause All Auto Imports and when you are ready to turn them back on select Unpause
Pricing For RSS Auto-Importer
- Agency Plan will be able to have up to 25 RSS auto-importers (25 different RSS feeds)
- Business Plan will be able to have up to 5 RSS auto-importers
- Solo Plan will be able to have up to 2 RSS auto-importers
- Custom Plan will be able to select 2, 5, 10, 25 and 50
How Do I Get More?
You can 'add on' more RSS Auto-Importers if you like, for example, you maybe on our Solo Plan and want to have 5 RSS feeds pulling automatically into your Queue instead of from just two sources.
To add on more, please check out How Do I Upgrade? All you need to do is check out again through selecting the drop down on 'Custom Plan'.