How To Set Up & Auto-Import Posts From A YouTube Channel Or Playlist
Twitter has made changes that severely limit access to their API. While we continue to provide Twitter publishing capabilities, please note that access levels may vary for different users. We encourage you to refer to our Help Center articles for general guidance and to reach out to our support team for any questions about your specific access and limitations.
If you have a YouTube channel of your own or would like to set up and auto-import links to someone else's YouTube videos, you can easily do so inside of SmarterQueue with just a few clicks! ✨
Immediately schedule and share the latest YouTube videos from your favorite channels and playlists using the steps below!
To learn more about what it means to RSS-import, check our basic article on What are RSS Auto-Importers & How Do I Set Them Up?
How To Import Posts From YouTube
In order to set up an RSS feed import inside of SmarterQueue for YouTube, you'll first need to find the link to the YouTube channels or playlist. Here are the steps to do so:
1. Navigate to the channel or playlist of your choice on YouTube.Com
💡 You can set up imports for both your own YouTube channels and playlists and anyone else's!
2. Copy the URL in the address bar inside of your browser
If you're trying to import from a YouTube Playlist, be sure to navigate to the playlist page before copying the URL. To so you'll need to click into the 'Playlists' section of the channel, select 'View Full Playlist' under the title of the list you'd like to save:
This will open the general page for the playlist where you can then copy the URL from the address bar:
3. In a new tab of your browser, open SmarterQueue then Navigate to 'Find Content'.
4. Then select 'Share posts from others' blogs'.
5. Paste the link you copied to your clipboard from YouTube for the channel or playlist of your choice into the search bar
SmarterQueue will fetch links to the 15 most recent videos 💪
Note: YouTube limits the number of past videos it will fetch to 15.
💡 If you after pasting your YouTube link into the search bar you receive an error message stating "Sorry, we couldn't find a valid RSS feed at that URL." then please revisit step 2 to ensure you've grabbed the right URL for your YouTube playlist or channel 😊
This will open the link in the Post Editor where you can then choose a Category, Social Profiles, and customize the Post Text. You'll see a link preview generated to preview your post before scheduling to your Queue!
7. Alternatively, you can bulk import posts by toggling the 'Import Mode' to 'Bulk'.
You can then adjust the bulk import settings for all posts to choose a Category and Social Profiles, then click 'Add Selected Posts to the Bottom of Queue'!
For more information on bulk importing and RSS settings, check out this helpful article.
How To Auto-Import Posts From YouTube
2. Then select 'Share posts from others' blogs'.
3. Paste the link to the YouTube channel or playlist of your choice into the search bar
4. Click 'Save Source'
5. In the pop-up window that appears, toggle 'Auto-import to 'On'
Congratulations 🎉 you now successfully set up an auto-import from a YouTube RSS feed!