How To Import A Single Post From Social
In This Article
How To Find The Post You Want To Import
To get started:
- Navigate to 'Find Content' from the navigation menu
- In the search box, type the social profile whose content you’re looking to curate
- SmarterQueue will display social profiles for Instagram Twitter, and Facebook that match your search term
- Click one to import posts from that social profile
SmarterQueue will then fetch the 200 most recent social posts from that profile. You are able to modify your view of these social posts in 4 ways:
- Content type: Posts with an image, posts with a link, or all types
- Retweets: include or exclude
- Replies: include or exclude
- Sort: by most recent, most liked, or most retweeted
- To share any single post, click “Share +” below it. You’ll see a choice to share the link only (write your own text and add your own photo), or to share the full post (use the photo, link, and text from the selected post).
SmarterQueue will create a new post with the shared information you’ve selected. You can customise any of the parameters of your post before adding it to your Queue.
What happens if I try to import a post that is too long for Twitter or LinkedIn?
When importing, you will always have the chance to edit the post text before adding it to your Queue.
If you are importing to a Twitter profile, we will check the post length (including any links and images), and warn you if the post exceeds Twitter’s 280-character limit or LinkedIn’s 1300 character limit.
You can then edit the text so that it doesn’t exceed the character limit.
Why are some tweets too long to import?
When you’re importing existing posts from Twitter, into one of your Twitter profiles, you may find that they can’t be imported because they’re over the 280-character limit.
If you’re importing a tweet from someone else’s profile, we add “via @username” into the tweet so the original author can be credited.
You can choose not to add these credits by changing the “Add Text Attribution To Imported Tweets” setting in the Settings page.