How To Bulk Import Posts From Blogs & RSS
It’s easy to import many blog posts at once, using Bulk Import for RSS.
In This Article
Find The RSS Feed You Want To Import
RSS feeds allow SmarterQueue to create social posts from your favourite blogs without you having to find each post individually.
- Head to your 'Queue'
- Select 'Import from RSS'
- In the search box, type the web address for the blog whose posts you’re looking to import. (You don’t need to worry about finding RSS feeds, SmarterQueue does that automatically)!
- SmarterQueue will then fetch the most recent posts
To import these posts in bulk;
- From 'Import Mode' click 'Bulk'
This will show all posts in a list format.
Using The Bulk Editor Box
The Bulk Editor Box will make bulk changes to all of the posts that you import. You may select all/none or just the ones you want. The ones in colour are the ones selected for import.
By default, all of the blog posts shown are selected to be imported.
Any change you make in the grey bulk editor box at the top will change each of the posts below. The bulk changes you can make are:
- Select all or none of the posts
- Toggle Evergreen on and off
- Choose whether to add images, remove images, or use an image link
- Select a Category
- Select social profiles to post to
You’re also able to go through the list and make the same changes to each post individually.
At the bottom of the page, choose 'Import Options' to edit the link tracking parameters for these posts.
Here, you can choose to keep these settings or change them as necessary. You can also choose whether to add your imported posts to the top or bottom of your Queue.
Then, click 'Add [#] Selected Post to Top of Queue'.
In the background, SmarterQueue will import the images and preview text for each blog post. Once these are imported, you’ll see them in your Queue with Timeslots assigned, and link previews to show how these will look on each social network.
Why are some tweets too long to import?
When you’re importing existing posts from Twitter, into one of your Twitter accounts, you may find that they can’t be imported because they’re over the 280-character limit.
If you’re importing a tweet from someone else’s account, we add “via @username” into the tweet so the original author can be credited.
You can choose not to add these credits by changing the “Add Text Attribution To Imported Tweets” setting in the Settings page.
What happens if I try to bulk import a post that is too long for Twitter or LinkedIn?
When bulk importing, you will always have the chance to edit the post text before adding it to your Queue.
If you are importing to a Twitter account, we will check the post length (including any links and images), and warn you if the post exceeds Twitter’s 280-character limit or LinkedIn’s 1300 character limit.
You can then edit the text so that it doesn’t exceed the character limit.
How do I import more than 200 posts at once?
You can bulk import the first 200 results that are returned!
- Uncheck all of the results
- Click 'Load more' at the bottom, this will automatically select only the 200 new posts (rows 201-400)
- You can then bulk import just those new posts, and repeat the process.
- Click 'Select none' again
- Click 'Load more' etc
- This will let you bulk-import 200 posts at a time, and work through as many pages of results as you need