📹 How To Re-Authorize Your Facebook Permissions
In This Article
- Video Walkthrough
- Why Do I Need To Re-Authorize Permissions?
- How To Re-Authorize Your Facebook Permissions
- Why You Need To Be An Admin On Your Facebook Page/Group In Order To Connect It To SmarterQueue
Why Do I Need To Re-Authorize Permissions?
You may need to re-authorize your SmarterQueue permissions if you're experiencing any of the following issues:
- SmarterQueue isn’t displaying your Facebook Group or Page when trying to connect a Profile
- SmarterQueue isn't displaying your Instagram Profile when trying to connect a Profile
- SmarterQueue isn't displaying your Facebook Page when trying to add it to Inbox
- Your Facebook posts are not being published
- Your Facebook Page/Group keeps getting disconnected
Why is the re-authorization required?
- You may have inadvertently removed permission that SmarterQueue requires while editing other permissions in Facebook
- If you recently added a new Page or Group to your Facebook Profile, you may need to re-authorize permissions so that your new Page has the same SmarterQueue permissions as the Pages that already exist
- Facebook sometimes invalidates your permissions token for security reasons (e.g. if you change your Facebook password), so you will have to re-connect SmarterQueue to get a new permission token
How To Re-Authorize Your Facebook Permissions
1. On the Facebook website, Navigate to 'Settings & privacy'
2. Then continue to 'Settings' > ' Business Integrations'
3. Find the SmarterQueue App, use the check-box to select it, then click the blue Remove button
4. After clicking 'Remove', you'll see a pop-up asking if you'd also like to “delete all posts, photos, and videos on Facebook that SmarterQueue may have posted on your behalf." It is very important to leave this unchecked unless you really do want to delete any posts that have been published to Facebook via SmarterQueue.
Once you've read and understood the pop-up, click 'Remove'
5. You'll see a final confirmation pop-up stating that SmarterQueue has been removed. Click 'Done'
6. Navigate back to the SmarterQueue website inside your browser and go to the Profiles page
7. You'll notice that some of your Facebook Page(s)/Group(s) or Instagram Profiles need to be re-connected. To do so, click the down arrow on the Profile and select “Re-connect Profile” from the drop-down menu
8. You’ll be redirected back to the Facebook website and see a dialogue box pop up where you can then click to ‘Continue as’ your Facebook Profile
Important Note: This pop up is to confirm that you're logged in as the right user! Rest assured, this does not give SmarterQueue permission to manage your Personal Facebook Profile in any way.
9. In the next dialogue box, you’ll be asked to allow the necessary permissions for SmarterQueue to connect with your Facebook Pages, Groups, and Instagram Profiles.
Click ‘OK’ to move forward.
Note: This is simply an authorization step inside Facebook. You'll be able to choose which Pages, Groups, and Instagram Profiles to connect to SmarterQueue later.
10. Once you’re redirected back to SmarterQueue, you’ll then see a list of all of the Facebook Pages or Groups available to connect to your account
11. Choose which Facebook Page(s), Group(s), or Instagram Profiles you want to re-connect by clicking on the relevant profile card and then selecting ‘Add’
Great job! You successfully re-authorized your SmarterQueue permissions with Facebook and re-connected your Profiles. You can now re-Queue any failed posts from before and get publishing 🎉
Why You Need To Be An Admin On Your Facebook Page/Group In Order To Connect It To SmarterQueue
In order to re-authorize a Facebook Page, your personal Facebook Profile must be a “Page Admin” for that specific Page. Users with other roles like Editor, Moderator, Advertiser or Analyst cannot re-authorize the connection between the Facebook Page and SmarterQueue. Please see these detailed articles from the Facebook Help Center for more information:
Please note that when trying to add your Facebook Page or Group to SmarterQueue, you'll need to accept several levels of permissions. While it may like you’re connecting and giving permission to SmarterQueue to post to your personal Facebook Profile, this is not the case! SmarterQueue does not have permission to manage or post to your Personal Facebook Profile in any way.
This is simply how Facebook allows third-party apps and all social media tools to connect with your Page or Group – you must first connect your Profile then give permission to post to your Pages/Groups.