My Facebook Page Or Group Is Missing When I Try To Add It
In This Article
- Why Is My Facebook Facebook Page/Group Missing?
- How To Fix A Missing Facebook Page/Group
- What If My Facebook Page/Group Still Doesn't Appear?
Why Is My Facebook Page/Group Missing?
You’re not an Admin.
Your personal Facebook Profile must be the creator or admin of a Facebook Group or Page in order to add it to SmarterQueue.
You are logged into the wrong Facebook Profile.
On Facebook.com, you must be logged into the Facebook Profile that is an admin/creator of the Facebook Group or Page you’re trying to connect.
Note: You must be logged into a full Facebook Profile to access all features of Facebook and SmarterQueue.
You haven’t granted SmarterQueue permissions (or need to re-grant permissions).
When connecting a Facebook Group or Page, you must allow all permissions when you are prompted. You should re-grant permissions if you failed to allow the permissions when you originally connected a Group or Page.
You haven’t granted SmarterQueue permissions for the specific Page or Group you're trying to connect.
When you first connect your Facebook profile to SmarterQueue, you will be asked to grant us 4 permissions:
- Manage your pages/groups
- Publish as Pages you manage
- Access your Pages and App insights
- Manage and access your Pages messaging
During the permissions step for pages, you may have clicked “Review the info that you provide”, which lets you choose which of your pages/groups to grant us permission to manage. You can turn some pages off, which means we won’t ever show them when you try connecting them in SmarterQueue.
Note: if you create a new Facebook page/group AFTER you’ve connected to SmarterQueue for the first time, your page/group won’t be visible to us.
How To Fix A Missing Facebook Page/GroupIn any of these cases, the solution is to fix your permissions in Facebook’s settings, using the following steps:
1. On the Facebook website, Navigate to Settings > Business Integrations
2. Find the SmarterQueue App and select 'View and edit'
Note: There is a known bug as of 13th June 2018 where the 'View and Edit' link is broken for some users. This has been reported to Facebook. In this case, you should check the box next to SmarterQueue, click the Remove button above, and then re-connect your Page/Group in the SmarterQueue website, making sure to grant all permissions.
3. A dialogue box will appear where you'll then see a section with details on the 'BUSINESS INFORMATION YOU SHARED WITH THIS BUSINESS INTEGRATION.'
There are six sections:
- Manage your Pages
- Show a list of the Pages you manage
- Publish as Pages you manage
- Access your Page and App insights
- Manage and access your Pages' messaging conversations
- Post content into groups on your behalf
4. In each section, ensure the permission is toggled 'on.'
5. Please also make sure that the Pages/Groups you wish to manage are ticked using the checkboxes to the right under each section
6. Once you've confirmed the permissions are set correctly for all six sections, click 'Save'
7. You can now try adding your Page/Group again in SmarterQueue 🎉