My Facebook Page/Group Or Instagram Profile Is Missing When I Try To Add It
In This Article
- Why Is My Facebook Facebook Page/Group/Instagram Profile Missing?
- How To Fix A Missing Facebook Page/Group/Instagram Profile
- What If My Facebook Page/Group Still Doesn't Appear?
Why Is My Facebook Page/Group/Instagram Profile Missing?
You’re not an Admin.
Your personal Facebook Profile must be the creator or admin of a Facebook Group or Page in order to add it to SmarterQueue.
You are logged into the wrong Facebook Profile.
On Facebook.com, you must be logged into the Facebook Profile that is an admin/creator of the Facebook Group or Page you’re trying to connect.
Note: You must be logged into a full Facebook Profile to access all features of Facebook and SmarterQueue.
You haven’t granted SmarterQueue permissions (or need to re-grant permissions).
When connecting to a Facebook Group or Page, you must allow all permissions when you are prompted. You should re-grant permissions if you failed to allow the permissions when you originally connected a Group or Page.
You haven’t granted SmarterQueue permissions for the specific Page or Group you're trying to connect.
This is especially relevant when adding a Facebook Page to Inbox. If you haven't granted permission for the specific page you're trying to connect, it won't appear to add to Inbox.
When you first connect your Facebook profile to SmarterQueue, you will be asked to grant us 4 permissions:
- Manage your pages/groups
- Publish as Pages you manage
- Access your Pages and App insights
- Manage and access your Pages messaging
During the permissions step for pages, you may have clicked “Review the info that you provide”, which lets you choose which of your pages/groups to grant us permission to manage. You can turn some pages off, which means we won’t ever show them when you try connecting them in SmarterQueue.
Note: If you create a new Facebook page/group AFTER you’ve connected to SmarterQueue for the first time, your page/group won’t be visible to us.
You haven't properly converted your Instagram account from a Personal to a Business Profile.
In order to access more analytics and engagement metrics inside of SmarterQueue for your Instagram account, you'll need to convert your Personal Instagram Profile to a Business Profile, then reconnect it to SmarterQueue via a Facebook Page.
Please follow the steps in this article to do so:
How To Fix A Missing Facebook Page/Group/Instagram ProfileIn any of these cases, the solution is to fix your permissions in Facebook’s settings, using the following steps:
1. On the Facebook website, Navigate to 'Settings & privacy'
2. Then continue to 'Settings' > ' Business Integrations'
3. Find the SmarterQueue App and select 'View and edit'
Note: There is a known bug as of 13th June 2018 where the 'View and Edit' link is broken for some users. This has been reported to Facebook. In this case, you should check the box next to SmarterQueue, click the Remove button above, and then re-connect your Page/Group in the SmarterQueue website, making sure to grant all permissions.
Note: If your Facebook Group doesn't show in Business Integrations, it's worth also checking out the steps here.
4. A dialogue box will appear where you'll then see a section with details on the 'PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU ARE SHARING WITH THIS BUSINESS INTEGRATION'.
There are several sections where you can select permissions.
5. In each section, ensure the permission is toggled 'on.'
6. If you have multiple Facebook Pages/Groups/Instagram Profiles, make sure that individual permissions are granted for the ones you're trying to add
7. Once you've confirmed the permissions are set correctly and toggled on, click 'Save'
8. You can now try adding your Page/Group/Instagram Profile again in SmarterQueue 🎉