How Do I Reconnect Or Refresh My Social Profiles?
Reconnecting Social Profiles to your SmarterQueue account will refresh your data with each social network.
In This Article
- When Will I Need To Reconnect A Social Profile?
- How To Reconnect Your Social Profiles
- Common Questions
When Will I Need To Reconnect A Social Profile?
Please reconnect your Social Profile if:
- You have updated the username or icon for a social network
- You have changed your password
- A post has failed because your Profile needs to be reconnected
- You have converted your Personal Instagram Profile to a Business Profile
How To Reconnect Your Social Profiles
1. Using the top menu on your SmarterQueue account, navigate to the Profiles page.
2. Click the vertical three-dot button for the Profile you want to refresh.
3. Select "Re-connect Profile". This will prompt you to sign in to your Social Profile.
After you sign in, the name and icon of the Profile will then refresh in SmarterQueue.
Note: Your Social Profiles may become disconnected for several reasons. If we detect this happening, we will move the profile under "Disconnected Profiles" and also show a "Re-Connect" button for it. This way you'll know of the issue and will be able to quickly fix it.
💡 Note: When reconnecting Facebook Pages/Groups or Instagram Business profiles, make sure you grant full permissions, to avoid issues using SmarterQueue. W e strongly recommend you grant permission to all of your Facebook Pages, Groups, and Instagram Business accounts when reconnecting every time, rather than granting granular permissions just for the one you are re-connecting. This will ensure you don't inadvertently remove permissions from other connected Pages/Groups/Profiles and that you avoid running into publishing errors that can come up due to one of the many permissions bugs in Facebook's API. It will also make it easier to add any of your other Pages, Groups, and Instagram Profiles to your SmarterQueue account in the future.
Why isn't the profile picture showing for my Instagram account?
If the profile picture isn't showing for your Instagram account, this means that it is a Personal Instagram Profile and thus shows a generic image. If you'd like the profile picture to populate and to see more in-depth analytics for your Instagram Profile, then you'll need to convert your Personal Profile to a Business Profile and connect it via a Facebook Page. 💪