How To Connect Your Instagram Profile To A Facebook Page You Manage
From June 2020, Instagram has changed to a new API, which affects how you connect your Instagram Profiles, and what information is available about your posts inside SmarterQueue.
While analytics for Personal Instagram Profiles will be limited in Facebook's continued effort to improve privacy, you'll still be able to access in-depth analytics and engagement reports for a Business Instagram Profile if you connect it to a Facebook Page!
💡 If you have a Personal Instagram Profile, you can easily convert it to a Business Profile following the steps below! 💪
In This Article
- Video Walkthrough
- Connecting Your Instagram Profile To A Facebook Page You Manage
- Connecting Your Business Instagram Profile To SmarterQueue
- Why Don't I See My Instagram Profile?
Connecting Your Instagram Profile To A Facebook Page You Manage
To connect your Instagram Profile to a Facebook Page, please follow these easy steps!
1. Open Facebook.Com in your browser, log in and navigate to a Facebook Page you manage that you'd like to connect to your Instagram Profile
2. Click 'Settings' from the left-hand menu on your screen
3. Then select 'Instagram'
4. From here, you'll be given the option to add an Instagram account by clicking 'Connect Account' 💪
Note: If you've already added an Instagram account, then you'll see it here.
5. In the pop-up that appears, enter your login details for your Instagram account
6. If your Instagram account is already a Business Profile, then skip to step 11!
If not, you'll now be prompted to convert your Personal Profile to a Business Profile. Click through each confirmation slide to continue:
7. You'll be prompted to log in once more
8. Congratulations 🎉 you've switched to a business account on Instagram! Click 'Done' once more on the confirmation pop up:
9. To finish setting things up, enter your details, then click 'Done'
10. You'll now see your Instagram account details on your Page
Now that you've converted your Personal Instagram to a Business Profile, you're ready to connect it to SmarterQueue! ⬇️
Connecting Your Business Instagram Profile To SmarterQueue
After connecting your Instagram Profile to a Facebook Page, connect it to SmarterQueue by following these easy steps!
1. Open SmarterQueue in your browser
2. a) Navigate to the Profiles page and click 'Add a Profile' under Instagram or click the green refresh icon on an existing Profile that's been disconnected
b) You may also see also see a link inside of Add Content > Find Content to 'connect your Instagram profile via a Facebook page'. Click this link to continue 💪
c) You may see a similar link inside Analytics > Analyse Social Profiles, click 'connect Instagram via a Facebook page' to continue
3. You'll then be redirected to Facebook where you can click to 'Continue as' your personal Facebook Profile
Note: This pop up is to confirm that you're logged in as the right user! Rest assured, this does not give SmarterQueue permission to manage your Personal Facebook Profile in any way.
4. In the next dialogue box, you’ll be asked to allow the necessary permissions for SmarterQueue to connect with your Instagram account and other related profiles.
5. Next, you'll be redirected back to SmarterQueue where you can select the Profile you'd like to refresh
and click 'Re-connect' 🦾
6. You'll now be able to access more engagement and analytics metrics inside of SmarterQueue for your Instagram Profile! Check out these helpful articles for more information:
Why Don't I See My Instagram Profile?
2. You haven't connected your Business Instagram Profile to a Facebook Page
Please follow the steps closely in this article from the top to connect your Instagram Profile to a Facebook Page 😊
3. You haven't selected your Business Instagram Profile when authorizing permissions through Facebook
After connecting your Instagram Profile to a Facebook Page, you'll then need to re-connect your Instagram Profile to SmarterQueue. When doing so, you'll be redirected to Facebook to accept permissions as shown above, if you edit permissions don't select the Business Instagram Profile you'd like to add to SmarterQueue, then you won't see it appear in later steps.
Please follow the steps in this article and ensure there is a checkmark next to your Instagram Profile in order to set up your connection properly.
4. You haven't selected the matching Facebook Page that you've linked to your Business Instagram Profile when accepting permissions inside of Facebook
After connecting your Instagram Profile to a Facebook Page, you'll then need to re-connect your Instagram Profile to SmarterQueue. When doing so, you'll be re-directed to Facebook to accept permissions as shown above. If you edit permissions and don't select the Facebook Page that you've linked to your Instagram account, then you won't see your Instagram Profile it appear in later steps.
Please follow the steps in this article and ensure there is a checkmark next to the Facebook Page you've connected to your Instagram Profile in this step in order to set up your connection properly.