How To Add Your Favourite Hashtags & Emojis To Posts With Snippets
In this article:
- Examples of how to use Snippets
- Where can Snippets be used?
- How do I save or edit a Snippet?
- Can I add links to a Snippet?
Examples of how to use Snippets
- Collect 30 hashtags in one Snippet, so you can add all of your frequently-used hashtags in one go.
- Collect smaller groups of hashtags, so you can mix-and-match hashtags. e.g. 10 hashtags about blogging + 10 hashtags about social media + 10 hashtags about your city.
- Add a promo blurb about your business – what you do, your benefits, and a link to your website/blog/promotion.
- Commonly-used phrases: “In case you missed it, check out this great article”; your favourite emojis: ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜; or even ASCII art: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- Bulk import lots of posts from RSS or a social feed, and add a self-promo blurb to the bottom of each post.
Where can Snippets be used?
You can add snippets to your post text from the Post Editor and the Bulk Importer.
Click on the 'clipboard' icon to see a list of your saved Snippets.
You can create new Snippets to use straight away, or preview and add your existing Snippets.
Click the Add to Post button for the Snippet you wish to add to your post. The Snippet will be added to the bottom of your post text. If you tick the checkbox, you can choose to add 5 dot-lines to separate your post text from the Snippet – useful for Instagram to hide hashtags below your description.
In the Bulk Importer, you can click the 'clipboard' icon in the Bulk Editor row to add Snippets to every post, or else click on the icon for an individual post.
You can repeat this process to add multiple Snippets to one post.
How do I save or edit a Snippet?
You can create a new Snippet after clicking the 'clipboard' icon, which opens up a list of your saved Snippets. Click the Create a new Snippet button.
You can also manage your snippets from the Settings > Snippets page. This lets you create a new snippet, as well as edit and delete your saved Snippets.
When creating or editing a Snippet, you can type any text, including line breaks, emojis 😍, and hashtags. Hashtags work the same as in the Post Editor – simply start typing your hashtag with a # character, and we’ll show a list of the suggested hashtags. Note: This requires you to have an Instagram profile connected. We’ll also show a count of how many hashtags you’ve added, to help you keep within Instagram’s 30 hashtag limit.
Can I add links to a Snippet?
Yes. If there isn’t already a link in the post text, your link in the Snippet will be handled as the primary link in your post, as if you typed the link directly (i.e. adding Google UTM and Bitly according to your settings).
However, if there’s already a link attached to the post, any additional links will just be posted as-is, without Google UTM or Bitly processing.