What Is Bitly & How Does It Work?
In This Article
- Connecting Your Bitly Account
- Managing Your Link Tracking Settings
- Viewing Bitly Analytics
- Common Questions
Connecting Your Bitly Account
1. If you don't already have a Bitly account, head over to Bitly.com to sign up for a free account!
2. In a new browser tab, navigate to the Profiles page of your SmarterQueue account
3. Click 'Add an Account' under Bitly to link your account to SmarterQueue
Note: A Bitly account does not count as one of your attached Social Profiles!
4. Follow the prompts on the screen to authorize the connection and 'Allow' access
Managing Your Link Tracking Settings
1. You can manage your default link tracking settings by navigating to the cog menu > Settings > Link Tracking
2. Here you change your link shortening domain or switch Bitly off by default, as well as configure custom link tracking for your Social Profiles
3. When creating or editing a post inside the Post Editor, you'll have the option to adjust your Bitly link shortening settings for individual posts. Navigate to 'Link Settings' on the right-pane
4. Here you can turn Bitly Click Tracking 'Off' for the individual post
Viewing Bitly Analytics
1. Once you have connected your Bitly account and shared posts with links, you will be able to see analytics of those links by navigating to Analytics > Past Posts
2. You'll see the number of clicks displayed for posts with links
3. For more information on stats for an individual link, click the three dots "..." > View Bitly Stats Page. This will open a new tab with the full statistics on your Bitly account for the particular link!
Why doesn't Bitly shorten the links for my Pinterest posts?
Due to API restrictions, Bitly Link Tracking is not currently available on Pinterest.
We are actively looking into increasing this functionality.
I updated my Bitly settings but my queued posts are still being shortened?