📹 How To Add A Post
In This Article
How To Add A Post
1. Open The Post Editor
- Navigate to the Post Editor by selecting ‘Create a Post’
2. Choose A Category
- When you create a post in SmarterQueue, the first thing you need to do is choose a Category for your post
3. Select Social Profile(s)
- Next, select which Social Profile(s) you want to publish your post to by clicking on the Profiles' icons
- All Social Profiles will be initially greyed out like in the picture above, this means none are selected
- You can select 'ALL' to quickly select all social media channels or use 'NONE' to deselect all social media channels
- In the example below, only our Facebook Page is highlighted, as we only want to post to the Facebook Page
💡Note: Most customers select multiple Profiles so they can quickly schedule the same post to multiple channels! Simply click on whichever Profiles you'd like to publish the post to and the channel icon will turn a vivid color. You'll then have the option to craft different Post Text for each channel 😲
💡 Note: If you are posting to an Instagram account, you will be able to select if your Post is meant to be sent to your Feed or to your Stories!
💡 Note: Publishing to Instagram would vary based on the type of post you create and the type of Instagram profile you're scheduling for (Personal or Business). For more information, check out how Instagram publishing works for SmarterQueue.
💡Note: If you are posting to a Pinterest account, you'll have to first choose your board. For all other social channels, you can get straight down the crafting your Post Text!
- Your Pinterest Boards will be shown on the drop-down menu
- Click to select which Pinterest Board you'd like to post to
- Your selected Board will then be highlighted in green
💡 Note: Please keep in mind that you can select one Pinterest board per post.
4. Add Post Text
Now, you can write the text you want to share on your post!
- We recommend customizing the text for each Social Profile you chose in step 3
- Use the 'Original' tab in the Text Editor to write your caption, then each individual social profile's tab to customize!
- In the example below, we've added #morningmotivation only to our Twitter post
- There is a handy green character limit counter on the bottom right of the Post Editor Text Box to help you ensure your content stays within each social platform's character limits
💡Note: If you are posting to a Pinterest board, then you'll have the option to add a Title to your Pin. Simply enter the title and see the post preview update on the right-hand side:
5. Add A Snippet, Emoji, Or Text Variation (Optional)
- Find out more about Snippets ✂️
- Discover more about the emoji keyboard ✅
- Or become a Text Variation expert 🤓
6. Add Media To Your Post
- Learn more about how to add media to your posts 🧘♂️
7. Select Your Post Timing Settings
You have several choices for when your post will publish:
- 'Post now': Your post will be published immediately
- 'Add to Queue': You will choose to send the post to the top or bottom of the Queue, to be published in the next timeslot (top of Queue) or after all other content already Queued (bottom of Queue)
- 'Schedule': You can set one or more specific dates and times for your post to publish
- 'Recurring': You can set an initial date and time for the post, as well as a specific interval for the post to continuously repeat
- Learn more about how to schedule your content using SmarterQueue 📅
💡Note: You can also select to save the post as a Draft at any time by jumping to the 'Save Draft' button at the bottom of the Post Editor.
8. Choose Your Evergreen Settings
You can decide whether you want this post to recycle, or only post based on your Post Timing settings.
If you choose to recycle your post, you can set a number of times to cycle the post and/or expiry date.
💡Note: Evergreen recycling is not available for Recurring posts, as these will be published in perpetuity, but you will still be able to set a number of times to publish the post and/or expiry date.
Why do I need to manually enter a status for Facebook?
When sharing a post/website/article inside SmarterQueue, we automatically add the title of the article to the post body for all services except Facebook.
This is because Facebook has a policy preventing all third-party publishing tools from doing so.
Why am I seeing a Bitly placeholder when I enter a link?
This is because the shortened bit.ly link is not generated until you save your post.