How To Troubleshoot Common Issues With Posting To Instagram
If you're having trouble publishing your content to Instagram, read on for tips on troubleshooting 🛠
In This Article
- How SmarterQueue Publishing Works
- How To Uninstall And Reinstall Your Apps
- How To Test Publishing Via The SmarterQueue Mobile App
How SmarterQueue Publishing Works
The first thing to check is what scheduling method applies to the type of post you're trying to send out.
If you're trying to publish single-image or short-form video posts to your Instagram Business Profile, then you should be able to post these directly. If that's not working properly, make sure to look into the following:
- Is your Instagram Profile a Business one? - if not, you can easily switch your Personal Instagram Profile to a Business one.
- Is the content you're trying to publish eligible for direct publishing? - if you try editing the post, you will see messages displayed in the Post Editor letting you know that the post will require the SmarterQueue Mobile App to be published.
To figure out exactly how each type of post is published on Instagram, check out How Does Instagram Publishing Work With SmarterQueue?
How To Uninstall And Reinstall Your Apps
If your posts require the SmarterQueue Mobile App to publish on Instagram, make sure that you've successfully installed it:
That said, occasionally, things do not go as expected and you might not be receiving Instagram notifications, or are having trouble transferring your scheduled Posts to Instagram to post.
The good news is, most issues are quickly and easily fixed by resetting your apps on your phone! 🎉
💡 For best results, please follow these steps in the exact order they appear
Step 1: Uninstall & Reboot
- Uninstall the SmarterQueue Mobile App and Instagram app from your phone
- Reboot your phone entirely
- Reinstall the Instagram app from the App Store (Apple) or the Google Play Store (Android)
- Reinstall the SmarterQueue Mobile App
Step 2: Login & Setup
- Log in to the Instagram app
- Log in to the SmarterQueue Mobile App with your email and password and be sure to accept all permissions
How To Test Publishing Via The SmarterQueue Mobile App
Please follow these steps to ensure that the troubleshooting worked:
- Log into your SmarterQueue account on your web browser on your computer or tablet
- Navigate to the Create a Post and draft a test post for Instagram inside of the Post Editor
- Select Post Now from the 'Post Timing' options
- Click the blue 'Post Now' button.
- You should shortly receive a notification on your phone that there is a Post ready to be published
- Follow the steps on the app to publish your test post to Instagram 🎉