How To Change The Facebook Profile Used To Connect Your Facebook Pages And Groups
Facebook Pages and Groups can be added to your SmarterQueue account by using the credentials of a Facebook Profile that is set as Admin for the Pages and Groups you're adding.
Whether you're hading SmarterQueue over to a colleague, need to give someone the option of logging into SmarterQueue via social login using their Facebook Profile credentials, your Facebook admins are changing, or you just want to publish content as a different user, you might need to change the Facebook Profile that's used to connect some or all of your Pages and Groups.
This can be easily achieved, without needing to remove the Social Profiles and lose content, by following the steps below. 💪
In This Article
1. How To Disconnect The Current Facebook Profile
The first thing you'll need to do is to sever the connection between SmarterQueue and the Facebook Profile that was initially used to connect your Social Profiles.
To do this, you need to make sure that you're logged in to Facebook with that Profile and access Business Integrations (also by following the steps below).
1. On the Facebook website, Navigate to 'Settings & privacy'
2.Then continue to 'Settings' > ' Business Integrations'
Note: We've noticed that for some Facebook accounts Business Integrations doesn't come up here. If you find yourself in the same situation, click on 'Security and login' first:
You'll be able to find Business Integrations here instead:
3. Once you've reached Business Integration, find the SmarterQueue App, use the check-box to select it, then click the blue Remove button.
Note: If you don't see the SmarterQueue App here, you may find it in "Apps and websites".
This will be the case if you've only ever connected a Facebook Group, and not a Facebook Page or Instagram Profile. No worries, you can remove the SmarterQueue App from here also.
4. After clicking 'Remove', you'll see a pop-up asking if you'd also like to “delete all posts, photos, and videos on Facebook that SmarterQueue may have posted on your behalf." It is very important to leave this unchecked unless you really do want to delete any posts that have been published to Facebook via SmarterQueue.
Once you've read and understood the pop-up, click 'Remove'
5. You'll see a final confirmation pop-up stating that SmarterQueue has been removed. Click 'Done'
2. How To Reconnect Via A New Facebook Profile
Now it's time to reconnect the Pages and Groups using the new Facebook Profile.
For this, you'll need to log out of the initial Facebook Profile on Facebook natively, in your browser, and log in again using the credentials of the Facebook Profile you want to use for connecting your Social Profiles with SmarterQueue moving forward.
Note: Keep in mind that this Facebook Profile also needs to be an Admin of the Pages and Groups you're using with SmarterQueue.
1. Navigate back to the SmarterQueue website inside your browser and go to the Profiles page.
2. You'll notice that some of your Facebook Page(s) and Group(s) (some Instagram Profiles could be included in this) need to be re-connected. To do so, click the down arrow on the Profile and select “Re-connect Profile” from the drop-down menu.
3. You’ll be redirected back to the Facebook website and see a dialogue box pop up where you can then click to ‘Continue as’ your new Facebook Profile.
Important Note: This pop-up is to confirm that you're logged in as the right user! Rest assured, this does not give SmarterQueue permission to manage your Personal Facebook Profile in any way.
4.In the next dialogue box, you’ll be asked to allow the necessary permissions for SmarterQueue to connect with your Facebook Pages, Groups, and Instagram Profiles. Click OK to move forward.
Note: This is simply an authorization step inside Facebook. You'll be able to choose which Pages, Groups, and Instagram Profiles to connect to SmarterQueue later.
5. Once you’re redirected back to SmarterQueue, you’ll then see a list of all of the Facebook Pages or Groups available to connect to your account.
6. Choose which Facebook Page(s), Group(s), or Instagram Profiles you want to re-connect by clicking on the relevant profile card and then selecting ‘Add’.
Note: If you're only meaning to change the associated Facebook Profile for part of the Pages/Groups, only choose those ones. Once you've reconnected them, you can once again log out of Facebook natively, in your browser, and back log in again using the credentials of the initial Facebook Profile to reconnect the remaining ones.
Great job! You successfully re-authorized your SmarterQueue permissions with Facebook and re-connected your Pages and Groups via a different Facebook Profile. You can now re-Queue any failed posts from before and get publishing 🎉