How To Bulk Import Posts From CSV, Excel, Google Sheet Or Spreadsheet
Bulk importing is a great way to add a large number of Posts to your Queue at once. With SmarterQueue, you can bulk import up to 200 Posts at a time, in just a few seconds.
In This Article
- Getting Your Spreadsheet Ready For Import
- How To Locate Bulk Import
- Managing Your Bulk Import Options
- Using The Bulk Editor Box
- Common Questions
Getting Your Spreadsheet Ready For Import
When creating a spreadsheet of your Posts, add each post to a new line.
You will be able to review and edit imported Posts before they are added to your Queue, including specifying which Social Profiles to post to.
You can import posts via CSV and see a sample CSV here.
- Use software like Excel, Numbers, or Google Sheets, to create and export a spreadsheet as a CSV file
- When saving the CSV file, make sure to choose UTF8-encoding if you have the option
- You may keep the header row; otherwise, the first row should contain your first Post
- All columns are optional, but you must have something in at least one of the first three columns (Post Text, a link, or an image)
- All Posts are imported using your default Evergreen setting unless you write “Once” in the 6th column
- Links will be shortened if you have link-tracking turned on in your Settings
- If you want to bulk upload images with your CSV, you’ll need to upload your images to the web first
- We recommend https://postimage.org/. Images must be in /jpg, .jpeg, .png, or .gif formats. Note: Google Drive and Dropbox are not recommended to host image URLs as files are not usually visible to the public.
- You can only import 200 rows at a time. If you need to import more items, create separate CSV files using a tool like http://filesplit.org/
How To Locate Bulk Import
You can locate Import From CSV/Bulk Import options by:
- Selecting 'Add Content'
- Import From CSV
Managing Your Bulk Import Options
To access your import options, click the blue ' Import Options' button at the bottom of the page.
From here, you can choose whether to add imported Posts to the top or bottom of your Queue or save them as drafts.
Using The Bulk Editor Box
By default, all of the Posts shown are selected to be imported.
Any change you make in the grey bulk editor box at the top will change each of the Posts below.
The Bulk Changes You Can Make Are:
- Select all or none of the Posts
- Toggle Evergreen on and off
- Choose whether to add images, remove images, or use existing images
- Select a Category
- Select social Profiles to post to
You can also go through the list and make the same changes to each Post individually.
When you’re ready, click 'Import' to add your selected Posts to your Queue!
What happens if I try to bulk import a Post that is too long for Twitter or LinkedIn?
When bulk importing, you will always have the chance to edit the Post Text before adding it to your Queue.
If you are importing to a Twitter account, we will check the post length (including any links and images), and warn you if the Post exceeds Twitter’s 280-character limit or LinkedIn’s 1300 character limit.
You can then edit the text so that it doesn’t exceed the character limit.
Images - when adding posts from CSV import, are the images hosted on SmarterQueue’s servers?
When you import Posts to SmarterQueue via a CSV file, you can add a link to an image for each Post.
The images that you specify for each Post are imported and hosted on our servers, so you don’t have to worry about keeping the images online after the import.
How should I format my CSV import?
If you are curious about how to format your CSV, then you could check out the CSV Import Template We Have here.
It will guide you through what each column should be used for.