How To Analyze The Performance Of Past Posts
In This Article
- How To Check Past Post Analytics
- How To View Past Post Content And Re-Queue
- How To View Additional Cycle And Bitly Stats
How To Check Past Post Analytics
If you want to find out how your posts have performed, you can get to them quickly right from the Queue.
Alternatively, in the top menu, navigate to 'Analytics' - 'Past Posts'.
1. On any of your past posts, you can check its likes, comments, shares, retweets, clicks, and many other performance metrics. At the top of the page, you can sort your past posts by highest or lowest in the engagement metric you are interested in.
You can even check individual posts or Evergreen posts grouped, active or expired, to get a better image of how your content is doing.
On top of that, you can also see post Uniques - this is how many unique individuals have viewed that post (for example, if 6 different people looked at your post but one of them looked again 4 more times, your post would have 10 clicks but only 6 of them unique).
Note: Statistics shown will vary depending on the network where the post was published.
2. If you are interested in looking at your past posts for a specific Social Profile, or specific Category, you can simply filter by using the pop-up menu on the left-hand side.
And while there is a high level of useful information available, there is more to add when it comes to a deeper analytics level for LinkedIn and Instagram. We are hard at work trying to increase this functionality. We have this on our Feature Request Board here for Instagram and here for LinkedIn and we hope you will follow along for updates!
How To View Past Post Content And Re-Queue
You can easily see any post in your history, on any platform you published it to.
1. Click on the ellipsis menu ('...') next to the post you want to view, to see more options, then choose 'View Published Post'. This will open a new tab where your post will be displayed in the native platform of the Social Profile in question.
2. If you sent a post to multiple Social Profiles at the same time, you will have multiple versions for that post. While they will initially be displayed together, you can see these with the 'Related Posts' function.
Simply click on the ellipsis menu ('...') next to the post you want to view and then choose 'View Related Posts'.
This will bring up a list of your related posts with options to check out the text and media content, as well as to access the link added to it.
3. In case you come across a post that you decide to send out again, under 'Actions' you will find a quick button to Re-Queue the post.
Selecting the 'Re-Queue post' action will take you to the 'Post Editor', which will allow you to simply send the post out, add it to the Queue and/or make any edits you would find useful.
How To View Additional Cycle And Bitly Stats
In addition to the regular past post engagement information visible at first glance, you can obtain additional data regarding Evergreen post cycles, as well as trackable Bitlinks.
View Cycle Stats
If your post is Evergreen, you can see its performance for each time it has cycled through your Queue. Click on the ellipsis menu ('...'), then choose 'View Stats Per Cycle'.
1. You will be able to check the information for each cycle, as well as check the total values below, for the same multitude of engagement metrics.
2. If you want more information on how much more engagement you received by recycling your Evergreen posts, you can look at overall data for your past posts overall by accessing the menu panel on the right-hand side of the SmarterQueue Dashboard.
Looking at the example above, we can see that Evergreen Recycling makes a real difference when it comes to your engagement numbers. By recycling posts, your content gets seen by more of your audience than if you were to only post once.
In this specific case, by adding multiple additional cycles to sent content, we achieved 98.6 times more likes, 63.2 times more shares, 808.1 times more clicks and so much more.
View Bitly Stats
You can quickly jump to your Bitly dashboard to see detailed click tracking on your post. You can do that from the Click 'View Stats Per Cycle' window, under 'Link'.
You can also click on the ellipsis menu ('...'), then choose 'View Bitly Stats Page'.
This will take you to Bitly natively, where you will be able to see additional data.