📹 How To Analyze The Performance Of Past Posts
Twitter has made changes that severely limit access to their API. While we continue to provide Twitter publishing capabilities, please note that access levels may vary for different users. We encourage you to refer to our Help Center articles for general guidance and to reach out to our support team for any questions about your specific access and limitations.
Every post you’ve ever shared with SmarterQueue is automatically saved for you in your Past Posts. Here, you can check out a variety of different types of analytics that apply to your published posts.
In This Article
- Video Walkthrough
- How To Check Past Post Analytics
- How To View Past Post Content And Re-Queue
- How To View Additional Cycle And Bitly Stats
How To Check Past Post Analytics
If you want to find out how your posts have performed, you can get to them quickly right from the Queue.
Alternatively, in the top menu, navigate to "Analytics" - "Past Posts."
1. You'll be able to check metrics like comments, likes, shares, clicks, and many others, depending on the available information for the specific Social profile.
At the top of the page, you can also sort your past posts by highest or lowest in the engagement metric you need to measure success. This way, you will see which content is performing well, so you can learn from it and be able to create other similar posts.
You can even check individual posts or Repeating posts grouped, active or expired, to get a better image of how your content is doing. Repeating posts include Evergreen content, Recurring posts, and posts scheduled for multiple dates.
Keep in mind that active Evergreen posts are still being published, so it’s important to always check if the content is well received. If not, it would be an indication that you need to remove it from your Queue
On top of that, you can also see post Uniques - this is how many unique individuals have viewed that post (for example, if 6 different people looked at your post but one of them looked again 4 more times, your post would have 10 clicks but only 6 of them unique).
💡 Note: Statistics shown will vary depending on the network where the post was published. For Google My Business Profiles, read more about particularities around how clicks are counted here.
2. If you are interested in looking at your past posts for a specific Social Profile, or specific Category, you can simply filter by using the pop-up menu on the left-hand side.
💡 Note: Due to Twitter API limitations imposed starting on April 29th, 2023, SmarterQueue can no longer check metrics for any connected Twitter profiles. You will still be able to see Analytics data gathered before April 29th, 2023.
How To View Past Post Content And Re-Queue
You can easily see any post in your history, on any platform you published it to.
1. Click on the ellipsis menu ('...') next to the post you want to view, to see more options, then choose "View Published Post." This will open a new tab where your post will be displayed in the native platform of the Social Profile in question.
2. If you sent a post to multiple Social Profiles at the same time, you will have multiple versions of that post. While they will initially be displayed together, you can see these with the 'Related Posts' function.
Simply click on the ellipsis menu ('...') next to the post you want to view and then choose "View Related Posts."
This will bring up a list of your related posts with options to check out the text and media content, as well as to access the link added to it.
Now you can keep track of content that was scheduled for multiple profiles and check how it has been received on those social platforms, as well.
3. In case you come across a post that you decide to send out again, under 'Actions' you will find a quick button to Re-Queue the post.
Selecting the "Re-Queue post" action will take you to the "Post Editor," which will allow you to simply send the post out, add it to the Queue and/or make any edits you would find useful.
How To View Additional Cycle And Bitly Stats
In addition to the regular past post engagement information visible at first glance, you can obtain additional data regarding Evergreen post cycles, as well as trackable Bitlinks.
View Cycle Stats
If your post is Evergreen, you can see its performance for each time it has cycled through your Queue. Click on the ellipsis menu ('...'), then choose 'View Stats Per Cycle'.
1. You will be able to check the information for each cycle, as well as check the total values below, for the same multitude of engagement metrics.
2. If you want more information on how much more engagement you received by recycling your Evergreen posts, you can look at overall data for your past posts overall by accessing the menu panel on the right-hand side of the SmarterQueue Dashboard.
Looking at the example above, we can see that Evergreen Recycling makes a real difference when it comes to your engagement numbers. By recycling posts, your content gets seen by more of your audience than if you were to only post once.
In this specific case, by adding multiple additional cycles to sent content, we achieved 8x times more likes, 7.9x times more shares, 6.3x times more clicks and so much more.
View Bitly Stats
You can quickly jump to your Bitly dashboard to see detailed click tracking on your post. You can do that from the Click 'View Stats Per Cycle' window, under 'Link'.
You can also click on the ellipsis menu ('...'), then choose 'View Bitly Stats Page'.
This will take you to Bitly natively, where you will be able to see additional data.