How To Fix A Failed SmarterQueue Post
In This Article
- Why Do Posts Fail?
- Where Can I Find My Failed Post?
- How Do I Fix My Failed Post?
- What If My Post Has Failed Outside Of SmarterQueue?
Why Do Posts Fail?
Posts may fail for a few reasons:
- They’re rejected for being duplicate content
- The post was malformed and needs to be edited
- The link was banned by the network (Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- The link caused an error when posting
- Your social profile became disconnected and needs to be refreshed
- There was an error on Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn when your post tried to publish
We have compiled a list of common posting error messages so that you can understand what each error message means.
Where Can I Find My Failed Post?
At the moment, if a post fails for any reason, it will remain in the ‘Failed’ section of your queue.
When you hover over the
icon on the failed post, you’ll see the reason your post failed.
You’ll also see a red indicator on the notification bell
found in the top right corner of the screen.
When you click on the bell, you’ll also see the error message for your failed post.
How Do I Fix My Failed Post?
In order to publish any posts that are marked as “failed,” you may need to edit/fix your post before adding it back to your queue.
If the post failed because of a temporary bug on the social platform, then you can just Re-Queue the post and try again.
If the post failed because of an issue with the post (e.g. text too long, duplicate content), you will need to edit the post before Re-Queueing it to be published again.
To fix your post, click the 'pencil' icon next to your post to edit it.
This will open the Post Editor, where you can change any post parameters or remedy specific errors with the post.
By default, your failed post will be added to the top of your Queue.
When you click Save your post will be brought back to the top of the Queue to go out in the next available time slot.
You can also choose Post Now and try to publish the post immediately.
What If My Post Has Failed Outside Of SmarterQueue?
See below for help centers for various social networks: