How To Bulk Import Posts From Social Media Accounts You Follow
Import posts in bulk from your favourite social media accounts and fill your Queue in seconds!
In This Article
How To Bulk Import Posts
1. Navigate to Add Content from the top menu on the SmarterQueue desktop site
2. Select Find Content from the drop-down menu
3. In the search box, type the name of the Social Profile whose posts you'd like to import. You can search for your own Profiles, Pinterest boards you follow, or others' Twitter Profiles, Facebook Pages, Blogs, and RSS feeds.
4. SmarterQueue will then display Social Profiles that match your search terms
5. Click one Profile and SmarterQueue will fetch the 200 most recent social posts
6. Use the filters under the search bar to narrow and sort the social posts then update your results:
- Content type: Posts with an image, posts with a link, or all types
- Retweets: include or exclude
- Replies: include or exclude
- Sort by: most recent, most liked, or most shared/retweeted
7. To import the posts, toggle the 'Import Mode' from 'Single' to Bulk
This will show all posts in a list format.
You can now use the Bulk Editor to make changes to all of your selected posts at once before importing them to your Queue.
How To Adjust Bulk Import Settings
By default, all of the social posts shown are selected to be imported. Any change you make in the grey bulk editor box at the top will change each of the posts below. The bulk changes you can make are:
- Select all or none of the posts
- Toggle Evergreen on and off
- Choose whether to add images, remove images, or use existing images
- Select a category
- Select social profiles to post to
You’re also able to go through the list and make the same changes to each post individually.
At the bottom of the page, choose Import Options to edit the link tracking parameters for these posts.
In the link options popup, you’ll see that SmarterQueue adds Google Analytics UTM tracking codes and Bitly click tracking according to your default settings. Here, you can choose to keep these settings or change them as necessary. You can also choose whether to add your imported posts to the top or bottom of your Queue.
When you’re ready, click Add [#] Selected Posts to Top of Queue. In the background, SmarterQueue will import the images and preview text for each blog post. Once these are imported, you’ll see the posts in your Queue with Timeslots assigned, and link previews to show how these will look on each social network.
Why are some tweets too long to import?
When you’re importing existing posts from Twitter, into one of your Twitter accounts, you may find that they can’t be imported because they’re over the 280-character limit. If you’re importing a tweet from someone else’s account, we add “via @username” into the tweet so the original author can be credited. You can choose not to add these credits by changing the “Add Text Attribution To Imported Tweets” setting in the Settings page.
What happens if I try to bulk import a post that is too long for Twitter or LinkedIn?
When bulk importing, you will always have the chance to edit the post text before adding it to your queue. If you are importing to a Twitter account, we will check the post length (including any links and images), and warn you if the post exceeds Twitter’s 280-character limit or LinkedIn’s 1300 character limit. You can then edit the text so that it doesn’t exceed the character limit.
How do I import more than 200 posts at once?
You can bulk import the first 200 results that are returned. Then uncheck all of those results, click “Load more” at the bottom, and it will automatically select only the next 200 new posts (rows 201-400). You can then bulk import just those new posts, and repeat the process. Click “select none” again, then click “load more”, etc. This will let you bulk-import 200 posts at a time, and work through as many pages of results as you need.