What Are Sub-Queues?
Twitter has made changes that severely limit access to their API. While we continue to provide Twitter publishing capabilities, please note that access levels may vary for different users. We encourage you to refer to our Help Center articles for general guidance and to reach out to our support team for any questions about your specific access and limitations.
In This Article
How Sub-Queues Work
If you have two Categories ("Inspiration" and "New Blog Posts") and you have connected two Social Profiles (a Facebook page and a Twitter profile,) you will have 4 different Sub-Queues:
- Inspiration + Facebook page
- Inspiration + Twitter profile
- New Blog Posts + Facebook page
- New Blog Posts + Twitter profile
When you add a new post, you must first tell SmarterQueue which Category you’d like the post to be in:
You must then choose which Profile(s) you’d like the post to publish to:
If you select the "Inspiration" Category and also select your Facebook page and your Twitter profile, that post will be added to the Sub-Queues for both Inspiration + Facebook Page and Inspiration + Twitter profile.
You’ll see that there are two posts in your Queue, but they’re really in two separate Sub-Queues with two separate schedules. 💪
How Can I View The Posts In A Sub-Queue?
1. Navigate to the Queue
2. Use the filters on the left-hand side of the Queue to narrow your view. By selecting a Social Profile and a Category you can filter to see the posts of one specific Sub-Queue 😊
In this filtered view, posts are still displayed in the order that they will be published.
3. You can change the filters to view different Sub-Queues and their posts
This can be helpful in determining what content you need to create to top up your Categories!
Check out How Does SmarterQueue Publish Your Content? for information on how your content will be published.