What Video File Length, Size and Types Does SmarterQueue Support?
Including videos in your social media posts is a great way to boost engagement and reach!
Read on for more about how a video should be sized, what formats are compatible, and how SmarterQueue will handle your video once uploaded so that it is optimal for each social network. 💪
In This Article
- What Is The File Size Limit For Videos Uploaded To SmarterQueue?
- How Does SmarterQueue Handle My Video Once Uploaded?
- What Types Of Video Does SmarterQueue Support?
- What Video Lengths Can I Schedule To Instagram?
What Is The File Size Limit For Videos Uploaded To SmarterQueue?
SmarterQueue has a video upload limit of 512MB (536 million bytes), to align with the limit imposed by Twitter and ensure you can upload videos that can be posted on multiple Social Profiles at once, without issue. Please don't upload any video which exceeds this limit, as it would be rejected.
Videos are also subject to durations limits (ex: Twitter videos are limited to 140 seconds, while Facebook videos are limited to 40 minutes)
If you upload a video that is over the duration limit for the Social Profile you're trying to send to, SmarterQueue will post a link to the video, which should still play inline on the Social Profile.We do transcode (re-compress/resize) all videos that are uploaded so that they're in a format that is accepted by platforms you're posting to.
How Does SmarterQueue Handle My Video Once Uploaded?
SmarterQueue converts videos into the correct streaming format for social sharing, so you don’t have to worry about your social network’s technical requirements.
Videos are converted to streaming MP4 format encoded with H264 at 1280×720 resolution, to ensure that they work on every social network.
All videos are resized down to fit within 1280×720 size (720p). Most cameras record in this ratio (16:9), and if they record at 1280×720, your video will stay the same size. If you upload a 1920x1080p video (1080p), it will be resized down to 1280×720.
If you upload a portrait video (e.g. 720×1280), we resize it down to fit within 720p, resulting in a 404×720 video.
Resizing a video to a lower resolution should have minimal quality loss.
What Types Of Video Does SmarterQueue Support?
SmarterQueue currently supports the following types of video formats:
We convert videos into the correct streaming format for social sharing, so you don’t have to worry about your social network’s technical requirements.
Please note that we do not support:
What Video Lengths Can I Schedule To Instagram?
When scheduling video to Instagram there are several different types of posts you can create 😊Here is a brief summary:
- Instagram Story videos can be as short as 1s and are typically up to 15s
- If you upload a longer video for use as a Story, it will automatically be cut into multiple 15s clips
- However, if your video is over 60s, Instagram will create 4 x 15s clips of the first 60s, and ignore the rest of the video
Instagram Feed videos must be between 3s and no more than 60s long
If you try to post a video over 60s, Instagram will give you 2 choices: a) post a short video, where you can choose up to 60s of any part of the video to share, and post a trimmed video; or b) post the full video to IGTV (up to 15 mins posting on mobile), and the first 15s can be shared to your feed as a preview
- You can only post to IGTV by first attempting to post a long video (over 60s) to your feed
- You can post up to 15 minutes of video via the Instagram Mobile App, or up to 60 minutes posting via the Desktop App
- You'll have the option to share the first 15s of your video to your Instagram Feed as a preview