📹 Getting Started With Analytics
No more guesswork - easily jump start your social strategy by analyzing both your own Social Profiles as well as anyone else’s and immediately learn what content achieves the best performance in your niche, what time and how many times you should be posting, what hashtags receive the highest engagement, and more!
In This Article
- Learn From Your Competitors
- Analyze Your Own Social Profiles
- Check The Performance Of Your Past Posts
1. Learn From Your Competitors
If you're not sure where to get started, analyzing one of your closest competitors or influencers in your industry is a great place to start! By visualizing analytics for their accounts, you'll quickly find the pieces of their social strategies that are already working and can apply them to your own! 💪
To gain insights from your competitors and jump-start your strategy, follow these simple steps to analyze their Social Profiles:
1. Navigate to Analytics > Analyse Social Profiles
2. Click either the Facebook or Twitter then simply type the username you'd like to analyze into the bar and choose the right Profile from the drop-down menu 💪
Note: While you can analyze anyone's Facebook Page or Twitter Profile, you can only analyze your own connected Instagram and Pinterest accounts.
4. Once you have selected an account, choose a date range. We recommend having a look at 'All time' to get a good overview of the account's history, then searching the past 3-6 months as well for relevant insights into what is working on social media today 📆
5. Click 'Analyse' and your results will load below! 🎉 You'll be able to walk through each section and gather insight into the top hashtags to use, best times to post, and what types of content receive the best engagement!
6. For a detailed walkthrough on how to interpret the results from analyzing a competitor's Social Profile, please check out this helpful article: Analyze A Social Profile: How To Interpret The Results
7. Once you've gathered some insights from your competitors, try applying what you've learned to your own strategy! This might mean:
- adjusting your Posting Plan to reflect the red-hot, high engagement times to post
- adding your competitor's top hashtags for engagement into your posts
- creating more content that mirrors what works best for your competitors
2. Analyze Your Own Social Profiles
Once you've gathered some insight from your competitors, see what is already working on your own Profiles by analyzing your own Social Profiles yourself 👇
1. Again navigate to Analytics > Analyse Social Profiles
2. Click on the tab for the relevant social network then select the icon for the connected Social Profile you'd like to analyze
Note: If you'd like to see more in-depth analytics for your Instagram Profile, then you'll need to convert your Personal Profile to a Business Profile and connect it via a Facebook Page. 💪
3. Once you have selected an account, choose a date range. We recommend having a look at 'All time' to get a good overview of the account's history, then searching the past 3-6 months as well for relevant insights into what is working on social media today 📆
4. Click 'Analyse' and your results will load below! You'll now be able to walk through the same style analytics report as you did above for your competitors!
For a detailed walkthrough on how to interpret the results from analyzing your Social Profiles, please check out this helpful article: Analyze A Social Profile: How To Interpret The Results
5. Make note of which types of content you've already posted that performed well, what are your top hashtags, and your highest engagement times to post.
You'll want to come back to these analytics and make tweaks over time to optimize your strategy! Check back in monthly and see what has changed and evaluate what is working best 💪
3. Check The Performance Of Your Past Posts
As you publish your content via SmarterQueue, you'll also want to keep an eye on the analytics of your Past Posts. Check back in monthly and quarterly to see which content is still performing well, and which content is ready to retire! ✨
1. Navigate to your 'Queue' then click ' Past Posts' at the far right to view all of your Past Posts and the engagement they've achieved.
Alternatively, in the top menu, navigate to 'Analytics' - ' Past Posts'.
2. This will bring you to an overview of all your Past Posts, where you can see different performance metrics for each platform, sorted based on a multitude of types of engagement. Use the filters at the top to narrow your view and surface your best and worst posts:
3. Try filtering by "View: Active Evergreen Posts" and "Sort by: Most Recycled"
This will show you stats for all of your Evergreen posts that are still active inside of your Queue. By looking at 'Most Recycled', you'll quickly see which posts you've published the most number of times.
Have a look at the engagement analytics for each of the posts to see if they have been doing well. If yes, then keep publishing away! If any post hasn't received great engagement, then it's time to remove the post from your Queue and try creating something new to avoid spamming your audience.
a) To remove an active Evergreen post from inside Past Posts analytics, click the three dots "..." on the post card, then 'View Stats per Cycle'
b) On the screen that appears, you'll then see a summary of statistics for each individual cycle of the post. Scroll to the very bottom to see the latest Queued version of the post then click the trash icon.
4. You can also try sorting by "Evergreen Posts Grouped" and "Most Clicks" to idenitfy your top Evergreen content!
This will group the engagement data for your Evergreen posts and display the total increase in engagement on an Evergreen post compared to if you had only shared it only once - this metric is known as the SmarterQueue Boost! ✨
a) Here we can see that this particular post recycled 14 times and therefore received 34x more likes, 13x more retweets, and 225x more clicks!
b) To see more information on each cycle, click the three dots '...' on the particular post, then select 'View Stats Per Cycle'
c) In the pop-up that appears, you'll be able to see the engagement metrics broken down by cycle
This will give you a good general image of what posts are performing best, what Social Profiles are getting the most engagement, or how engaged your audience is with different types of content Categories. It's also a great opportunity to find patterns in high performing content. 💪
Amazing work! You've now mastered the pillars of SmarterQueue and are ready for more 😊
For the next steps, check out our guide on 5 Features To Streamline Managing Your Social Media 💪