📹 Getting Started With Your SmarterQueue Account - Setting Up
Twitter has made changes that severely limit access to their API. While we continue to provide Twitter publishing capabilities, please note that access levels may vary for different users. We encourage you to refer to our Help Center articles for general guidance and to reach out to our support team for any questions about your specific access and limitations.
Welcome to SmarterQueue! If you've signed up for a free trial or are just getting started, this is the guide for you 😊
Learn how to get set up with SmarterQueue in 3 easy steps — linking your Social Profiles, setting up Categories, and a Posting Plan!
In This Article
1. Connect Your Social Profiles
2. Make sure you’re logged into the Social Profile you’d like to connect inside your browser, then simply click on the "Connect" button for the type of social profile you're adding to SmarterQueue.
3. Follow the on-screen prompts, and make sure to allow all permissions, if asked.
4. Once re-directed back to SmarterQueue, you'll see your Profile added among the others on your dashboard 😊
For a comprehensive guide broken down by platform type, please see this article on How To Add Or Remove A Social Profile.
Now that you've added your Profiles, it's time to set up your Categories! 👇
2. Understand Content Categories
3. Click 'Add a New Category' to create a new content Category or click on an existing Category to make any edits
4. Enter a name, change the color, and make any adjustments to which Profiles you'd like enabled for the Category 💪
5. You can also select whether you'd like the Category to be active all year or seasonally. By toggling 'Seasonal' on, you can set specific dates for your Category - this means that any content you create for that Category will only publish during the active dates, so you can plan content for holidays, campaigns, and sales, and other promotions in advance!
For a comprehensive guide on Categories, please see this helpful article on How To Create & Manage Categories.
3. Create A Posting Plan
2. We’ve created a default Posting Plan for you and set up some example Timeslots just to illustrate how things work, but we recommend editing this based on your social media goals and posting habits!
To create a new Timeslot, use the widget on the left-hand side of the Posting Plan to choose the Category and Social Profiles you'd like to post to:
3. Then simply drag the widget onto the Posting Plan at the day and time you want that Category to publish! In this example, we've decided to post Mondays and Wednesdays about New Blog Posts for our Facebook Page, Instagram, and Twitter Profiles
4. Repeat steps 2 & 3 for each of your Categories to build a complete Posting Plan. If you're not sure when the best times to post are, check out this helpful guide!