📹 How Does The SmarterQueue Browser Extension Work?
The SmarterQueue Chrome Extension lets you quickly add any website you’re currently viewing directly to your Queue, right from your Chrome browser 💪
And if you're not a Chrome user, don't worry, we have you covered with our Browser Bookmarklet that can be added to any other browser ✨
In This Article
- Video Walkthrough
- How To Add The Extension To Your Chrome Browser
- How To Add The Bookmarklet To Any Browser
- How To Use The Chrome Extension Or Browser Bookmarklet
- How To Troubleshoot The Chrome Extention Or Browser Bookmarklet
How To Add The Extension To Your Chrome Browser
1. To add the SmarterQueue Chrome Extension, go to 'Settings' in your SmarterQueue account.
2. Once in 'Settings', click on 'Tools', then click on 'Install Chrome Extension'.
Or go directly to the Chrome Web Store.
3. Select 'Add to Chrome' to add the extension.
4. You will see a pop-up asking if you want to add the SmarterQueue Chrome Extension to your Chrome browser. Click on 'Add extension'.
5. A confirmation pop-up will let you know that the SmarterQueue Chrome Extension was added to your Chrome browser.
6. Make sure to pin the extension for quick access anytime you're browsing and want to share something with your audience on social media.
How To Add The Bookmarklet To Any Browser
1. To add the Bookmarklet, go to 'Settings' in your SmarterQueue account.
2. Once in 'Settings', click on 'Tools', then click on 'Browser Bookmarklet'.
Or, click here to go there directly.
3. Make sure your bookmarks/favorites bar is set to 'Always Show' - steps will differ for each browser, but here are some helpful examples below.
4. After enabling your bookmarks/favorites bar, drag the “SmarterQueue+” button to your bookmarks bar.
How To Use The Chrome Extension Or Browser Bookmarklet
Whenever you’re on a website that you want to share with your followers, you will be able to easily create a post with that link and add it to your Queue.
1. Simply click on the SmarterQueue Chrome Extension. ✨
Alternatively, click on your Browser Bookmarklet in the browser's bookmarks bar:
This will open up the Post Editor, with the link pre-filled, so you can create a new post to share that webpage.
2. Select your Category, Social Profile(s), and make any edits you want to the imported content. The Chrome Extension will also pull the page title along with the link.
Note: Neither the Chrome Extension nor the Browser Bookmarklet works with Facebook or Twitter links. However, you can re-share content from Facebook and Twitter.
3. Also, if you're using the Chrome Extension specifically, you can share just an image that you found while browsing.
Simply hover your mouse over the image and you will see a "Share Image" button, generated by the Chrome Extension.
This will still bring in the link and title of the website you're on, but the specific image you've selected will be added as media to your post and will replace the link preview.
Note: And if you only want to use the image for your post, you can simply remove the link and page title from the Post Editor, before publishing or saving to the Queue.
To add links to your Queue while on mobile, just install the SmarterQueue mobile app for iOS. You'll be able to save links to the Find Content section, and then add them to your Queue when you're back on your computer.
And if you're an Android user, check how to save mobile bookmarks on your Android device.
How To Troubleshoot The Chrome Extension Or Browser Bookmarklet
The main issue you may encounter is the Extension/Bookmarklet repeatedly asking you to Log-In whenever you access it, even though you're already logged into SmarterQueue.
This can be fixed by altering your cookie settings. 🍪
Also, if you're having any issues with setting up the Browser Bookmarklet specifically, check out How To Resolve Bookmarklet Installation Issues.