📹 How To Post Carousel Posts To Instagram
Posting multi-image, or carousel, posts to Instagram is easy using the latest version of the SmarterQueue Mobile App for iOS. If you don't have an iOS device, you can receive email notifications to help you publish via Android devices! Follow our guide below for all of the tips and tricks 💪
In This Article
- Video Walkthrough
- How To Create Your Carousel Post In SmarterQueue
- How To Post Your Carousel Post To Instagram Via The Mobile App (iOS)
- How To Enable Email Notifications For Carousel Posts (Android)
How To Create Your Carousel Post In SmarterQueue
PLEASE NOTE: Before you get started creating carousel posts, you'll need to first enable the feature. If you have an:
- iPhone: Please download the latest version of the SmarterQueue Mobile App for iOS, open it, and login
- Android: Please enable email notifications
1. Click 'Create a Post' to open the Post Editor
2. Next, choose a Category
Note: Be sure to select a Category you've enabled for your Instagram Profile!
3. Then select the Instagram Profile you'd like to create a post for
4. Write your caption in the text box
5. Then add your images! You can add up to 10 images and you'll need to attach each image one by one to your post. To do so, click the camera icon and select your first image. Add more images by repeating the same process of clicking the camera icon and selecting your photo!
Note: Each image included in your carousel post must have the same size ratio. If you mix & match images with different sizes in your carousel post, then all of your images will be cropped to the size of your first photo.
Note: You can schedule several different types of posts to Instagram including single-image posts, multi-image carousel posts, and videos! Check out this article for more information on scheduling video posts!
6. Preview your carousel post in the right-hand pane. You can use the arrows to tab through and view each photo you've added to your post
7. Then save your Post to your Queue - it will auto-schedule for you based on the Posting Plan 💪
How To Post Your Carousel Post To Instagram Via The Mobile App (iOS)
If you have an iOS device, then you can easily post your carousel posts to Instagram using the SmarterQueue Mobile App with these simple steps:
1. Download the latest version (2.0) of the SmarterQueue Mobile App and make sure notifications are enabled
2. When it's time to post, you’ll receive a push notification on your mobile device
3. Please make sure you’re logged into the correct Instagram profile on the Instagram App
Then open the notification on your iPhone 💪
4. You'll see a preview of your post with the carousel of images you can swipe through along with your caption. Tap 'Post To Instagram' to continue:
5. You'll be redirected to the Instagram App and see your first image automatically open. Rest assured you'll be able to select the rest of your images later! Select Feed to continue:
💡For more information on how to post to stories, don't miss our helpful blog article on Scheduling Instagram Stories with SmarterQueue!
💡For more information on posting video posts check out this article!
6. To finish selecting the other images for your post, click the carousel icon in the bottom right-hand corner of your first image.
- You'll see a number appear in the top right of the thumbnail for your first image
- You can then tap on all other images you'd like to add to your post
In this example, we've added two images:
7. Tap 'Next' in the upper right-hand corner once you've selected your images
8. Apply any edits or filters to your images, then tap 'Next' in the upper right-hand corner once again
9. Your caption is already copied to your clipboard so simply long tap into the caption field of Instagram, select paste and your caption will appear!
11. Once you're happy with your post, tap ‘Share’ in the upper right-hand corner and it will load to Instagram
12. Congratulations, your finished carousel post is now live on Instagram!
💡 If you miss a reminder, the SmarterQueue Mobile App will show all past notifications so you can publish anything you missed just as easily! Simply tap on the post you missed inside the SmarterQueue Mobile App and follow the steps above to post to Instagram.
How To Enable Email Notifications For Carousel Posts (Android)
3. Now when it is time to publish, you'll receive an email with your images attached and caption!
4. Open the email on your Android device, then long tap on each image, click ‘open in browser’
Then download the image to your camera roll
5. Highlight your caption text and copy it to your clipboard
6. You can then open the Instagram app directly and click the "+" icon to add a new post! 💪