📹 How To Schedule & Post Instagram Stories
In This Article
- Video Walkthrough
- How To Schedule Your Instagram Story In Post Editor
- How To Post An Instagram Story On iOS
- How To Post A Multi-Image Instagram Story On iOS
- How To Post An Instagram Story On Android
How To Schedule Your Instagram Story In Post Editor
1. Click 'Create a Post' to open the Post Editor.
2. Next, choose a Category.
Note: Be sure to select a Category you've enabled for your Instagram Profile!
3. Then select the Instagram Profile you'd like to create a post for
4. You will notice an option come up when an Instagram profile is selected, to select the 'Instagram Post Type'. Select 'Story'.
This will update the Preview pane on the right-hand side to show your future Post in the Story format.
Note: Switching to Story will ensure that this content doesn't crowd your Feed up when using the Visual Instagram Planner to preview and reorder your upcoming Posts. Instead, stories will show above your feed inside of circle icons.
5. Write your caption and add your media.
If your image or caption isn't formatted or positioned exactly as you'd like for the Story, rest assured you'll be able to adjust this later! 💪 Right now, all you need to focus on is adding the content you'd like to the schedule.
Later on, when it's time to post, your media and caption will be pulled into the Instagram app where you'll then be able to use the stories editor to crop the image, zoom in or out, apply any stickers, filters, reposition and edit the caption, or use any other fun effects before publishing!
6. Then save your Post to your Queue.
Note: While in the Queue, you will be able to spot your Instagram Stories right away, as they appear as circle icons.
How To Post An Instagram Story On iOS
🎥 Skip to 0:24 in the video above to see a walkthrough on posting to Instagram stories with an iPhone.
1. When it's time to post your story you'll receive a push notification on your mobile device. Tap it to open the app.
Note: Instagram Stories can be up to 15 seconds long. If you schedule a longer video to Stories, then it will automatically be chopped into 15-second segments for you 😊 If your video is over 60 seconds then Instagram will create 4 x 15-second clips of the first 60s, and ignore the rest of the video.
How To Post A Multi-Image Instagram Story On iOS
If you have scheduled a multi-image story, please follow the same steps as above until Step 4 and then follow the instructions below:
2. You can then tap 'Select Multiple' to select all of your media items and continue scheduling them to your story!
How To Post An Instagram Story On Android
1. When it's time to post your story you'll receive a push notification on your mobile device. Tap it to open the SmarterQueue Mobile App.
5. Your image will then be pulled into the Instagram app where you can use the stories editor to apply any stickers, text, filters, or other fun effects before publishing!