How To Post To Instagram
In This Article
- How To Create Your Instagram Post In SmarterQueue
- How To Post To Instagram (video walkthrough)
- How To Switch Between Instagram Profiles On The SmarterQueue Mobile App
- How To Set Up Email Notifications For Instagram
- Common Questions
How To Create Your Instagram Post In SmarterQueue
- Navigate to 'Add Content' > 'Add a Post' to open the Post Editor
- Select one of your Instagram content Categories and ensure you’ve selected the correct Social Profile
- Write your caption and add your media
- Then save your Post to your Queue
💡Need some inspiration, don't miss our blog post on Breaking the Barriers to Using Instagram for Business in 2019 🎉
How To Post To Instagram
Step By Step Instructions
- Download the SmarterQueue Mobile App (available for iOS and Android) and make sure notifications are enabled
- When it's time to post, you’ll receive a push notification on your mobile device
- Please make sure you’re logged into the correct Instagram profile
- Then open the notification on your smartphone
- Tap the correct post to open and view the full content preview
- Tap 'Post To Instagram' to initiate posting
- You'll be redirected to the Instagram app and see your image automatically open. Select whether you’d like to post to your Feed or Story. In this example, let's post to the Feed.
💡For more information on how to post to stories, don't miss our helpful blog article on Scheduling Instagram Stories with SmarterQueue!
- Crop your image accordingly then tap 'Next' in the upper right-hand corner
- Apply any edits or filters to your image, then tap 'Next' in the upper right-hand corner once again
- Your caption is already copied to your clipboard so simply long tap into the caption field of Instagram, select paste and your caption will appear!
If you’d like, add a location or any other information to your post
- Once you're happy with your post, tap ‘Share’ in the upper right-hand corner and it will load to Instagram
- Congratulations, your finished post is now live on Instagram!
💡 If you miss a reminder, the SmarterQueue Mobile App will show all past notifications so you can publish anything you missed just as easily! Simply tap on the post you missed inside the SmarterQueue Mobile App and follow the steps above to post to Instagram.
How To Switch Between Instagram Profiles On The SmarterQueue Mobile App
You can post to multiple Instagram profiles using the SmarterQueue Mobile App. Please follow the steps below to switch between profiles:
- Open the SmarterQueue Mobile App on your smartphone
- Tap the hamburger menu (three lines) in the upper left-hand corner of your screen
- Click on your Instagram handle and use the drop-down menu to view all connected Instagram profiles
- Tap on the name of the profile you'd like to switch to and you'll see the past posts and notifications on your screen!
💡When a post notification is delivered, the SmarterQueue Mobile App does not automatically connect to the correct Instagram profile. You also need to switch profiles on the Instagram app. To do this, open the Instagram app and go to your profile. Tap your username at the top of the screen, then tap the profile you’d like to switch to.
How To Set Up Email Notifications For Instagram
If you'd like to receive email notifications in addition to push notifications when it's time to post to Instagram, you can configure this within your SmarterQueue account Settings.
When these emails are turned on, you’ll get an email at the time your post is scheduled in your Posting Plan. The email will include your photo and Post Text for you to copy to Instagram.
- Navigate to your account Settings using the cog menu then select 'Email Preferences'
- Scroll down and under 'Send me an email notification when: An Instagram Post Is Ready To Be Posted', choose 'Yes'
Can I Post Video To Instagram?
I post my hashtags in the first comment of my Instagram posts but my SmarterQueue analytics show that I don't use hashtags!
SmarterQueue will only show analytics for hashtags you include in the Post Text of your content. All hashtags included in the first comment of your post will not be considered. To get the most out of SmarterQueue's analytics features please add your hashtags to your Post Text! To hide your hashtags from the rest of your caption, we recommend adding 5 line breaks with dots in order to make them less visible.