What Is Social Inbox?
- What Is Social Inbox?
- How Will A Social Inbox Help Me?
- How Do I Find Social Inbox?
- How Do I Use Social Inbox?
What Is Social Inbox?
Social Inbox is a feature that allows you to view and respond to direct messages on Facebook Pages and Twitter.
This means that you no longer have to jump between Facebook and Twitter to respond to messages - You can conveniently handle and reply all from within SmarterQueue.
How Will The Inbox Help Me?
Social inbox saves you even more time, and banishes inbox inconvenience! You will immediately notice 3 major benefits...
- Convenience: You can handle DM's from one place. You do not have to jump back and forth between platforms.
- Time: Not having to switch between profiles saves you time which can be used for more important stuff!
- Simplicity: No difficult steps to follow. No tricky processes. No confusing column view. We've made Social Inbox as simple as can be to respond to your messages.
How Do I Find Social Inbox?
Finding the Social Inbox is easy - you can head to 'Inbox' from the main navigation bar on your SmarterQueue account:
This will take you straight to Social Inbox!
How Do I Use Social Inbox?
When inside Social Inbox you can see all direct messages for all connected Facebook Pages and Twitter accounts on the Left Pane:
You can choose to view 'All Profiles', which pulls up our Profile Selector:
After using the Profile Selector and selecting the profile inbox you'd like to work on, you will see, in list order, all of your direct messages for that specific profile.
Step By Step Instructions
- Select the message you want to respond to
- Type your reply in the Reply Area. You can press Enter to add line breaks - it won't send the message.
- You can use the Emoji keyboard to easily add emojis.
- All of your saved Snippets are also available, so you can create prepared responses for your most common questions, saving you from typing the same replies over and over!
- Once you're done, hit 'Submit' to send your message.
NB. Facebook currently only allows you to send a reply within 24 hours of receiving a message from a customer. This is to prevent companies from sending repeated marketing messages without permission. It's also in your interest to reply to customers as soon as possible, and if you regularly reply within 15 minutes, you'll earn Facebook's "very responsive" badge on your page.
How Soon Will New Messages Appear in Social Inbox?
The Inbox automatically checks for new messages, so you don't have to reload the page or click any button to check for latest messages.
When you get a new/unread message, it will appear at the top of the message list on the left hand side, and new messages will have a green dot. Additionally, a red dot will appear next to the Inbox link in the top menu, with a number showing how many unread conversations you have.
Facebook messages should show up in Social Inbox within 5 seconds of the message being sent. Your reply will appear immediately in the recipient's Facebook Messenger inbox.
Twitter's API is more restricted - they add a 2-3 minute delay for third-party tools when checking messages, so it may take 2-3 minutes before a new Twitter DM appears in your Social Inbox. However, your reply will appear immediately in the recipient's Twitter DM inbox.
If you have any feedback, please let us know.