How To Identify And Remove Under-Performing Posts From Your Queue
Sharing posts multiple times is a great way to get more engagement out of the content you've put so much hard work into.
That's why Evergreen recycling is a great tool for making your posts visible to a wider audience than they would normally get by posting just once. ✨
That said, sometimes there's a post that just doesn't seem to work. No matter how much care and effort you've put into it, the best thing to do is to remove it from your Queue to make room for what brings in more engagement.
In This Article
How To Identify Under-Performing Posts
Finding out how your posts are performing and identifying the ones that aren't doing very well is easily done.
1. Go to 'Past Posts', right from within the Queue.
Alternatively, in the top menu, navigate to 'Analytics' - 'Past Posts'.
Here you will be able to see all of your past posts.
You can check individual posts or Evergreen posts grouped, active or expired, to get a better image on what's getting the most or fewest likes, comments, clicks, shares, views, etc.
2. To look at the posts that are still being shared, select 'Active Evergreen Posts' from the 'View' drop-down list.
3. Sort the active Evergreen posts by the type of engagement that you're most interested in, looking at the lowest results.
You can sort by fewest clicks, shares, comments, unique views, impressions and so much more.
You will also be able to see the number of cycles a post benefited from (how many times it's been sent out already).
Note: If you want to make sure that you're giving your posts enough time to shine and get the engagement numbers up, select 'Most Recycled' in the 'Sort by' dropdown. This way you know you're looking at posts that have had time to improve their numbers.
For more guidance on how to filter and analyze the performance of your past posts, check out additional helpful information here.
How To Remove Under-Performing Posts From Your Queue
Once you've identified the under-performing posts that you would like to remove, you have a couple of short steps left.
1. Click on the ellipsis menu ('...') next to the post, to see more options, and then choose 'View Stats Per Cycle'.
This will open a new window, with information on engagement metrics for each cycle, as well as the total values below.
2. The last entry below (in green) represents the upcoming cycle - the post is waiting to be sent out again, when its turn comes, based on your Posting Plan.
If you've decided that this post shouldn't be sent out again, you simply need to click on the trash can icon.
Note: If you're not ready to give up on the post, you could make some edits that could give it a second chance at bringing in additional engagement.